Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 12.18!
Ready to hit your ranked goals for League of Legends Season 12? Our panel of experts has you covered for every role and rank.
Below, you’ll find our two League of Legends champion tier lists, one for general ELO (low ELO up to high Plat/low Diamond) and one for high ELO (high diamond up).
LoL Tier List 12.18
Click the icons for champion builds, counters, and more!
For everybody else, we have prepared much more:
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
Methodology TLDR: This list was curated in collaboration with our League Experts: Adam ‘Moriarty’ Isles, Dan ‘Aux’ Harrison and Phy, and our Role Specialists: Shikari, Only, Command Attack, and Yen. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
- Our first tier list aimed at lower elo, specifically gold elo and the surrounding brackets. These picks are effective when utilized in lower ranks and are the best tools for helping you to climb the SoloQ ladder as far as Diamond.
- Our second tier list is for high elo, aimed at Diamond 2 and above. These picks are curated by our experts and are an indicator of the champions inherent strength when played at the highest level. For a lot of the user base this information isn’t super relevant for their games but provides invaluable insight into the game itself.
- We made the decision to return to two tier lists after heavily reviewing the feedback from our users. Ultimately we agreed that a general tier list aimed at Plat+ wouldn’t serve a majority of the playerbase and we had missed the mark.
- Our difficulty system relies on “Skill Floor”, meaning that a Simple champion will yield results faster (around 5-10 games of learning)
- If a champion has a higher skill floor (Hard or Severe), it will take more time to learn them (20-50 games +) but you will be rewarded with better results over time whereas a Simple champion may fall off as you climb higher.
For a more in-depth explanation for our methodology, head to the bottom of the article.
General LoL Tier List for Patch 12.18
Top Lane Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Singed Garen Shen Aatrox Sejuani Mordekaiser Darius Olaf Udyr Maokai|
|Great (A-tier)||Quinn Poppy Kled Riven Illaoi Urgot Fiora Swain Sett Warwick Vladimir Akshan Lillia Kayle Ornn Dr Mundo|
|Good (B-tier)||Gangplank Gnar Vayne Tryndamere Sion Malphite Trundle Gragas Jax Camille Yorick Teemo Tahm Kench Irelia Shyvana Wukong|
Jungle Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Bel’Veth Udyr Master Yi Amumu Fiddlesticks Rammus Volibear Rek’sai Kayn|
|Great (A-tier)||Trundle Olaf Shaco Diana Elise Kha’Zix Shyvana Nunu Jarvan Warwick Zac Mordekaiser Nocturne Hecarim|
|Good (B-tier)||Evelynn Skarner Ekko Lillia Viego Rengar Graves Kindred Wukong Gragas Vi Sejuani Poppy Talon|
Mid Lane Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Swain Vex Diana Zed Vladimir Akshan|
|Great (A-tier)||Cassiopeia Ahri Sylas Heimerdinger Vel’koz Talon Galio Seraphine Annie Viktor Katarina Pantheon Singed Zilean Anivia Kassadin|
|Good (B-tier)||Ekko Irelia Malzahar Neeko Fizz Akali Yone Zoe Leblanc Yasuo Xerath Veigar Aurelion Sol Taliyah Lux Twisted Fate|
ADC Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Jhin Twitch Miss Fortune Seraphine Tristana|
|Great (A-tier)||Kog’Maw Swain Draven Nilah Karthus Ashe Heimerdinger Ezreal Samira Vayne Caitlyn|
|Good (B-tier)||Varus Yasuo Cassiopeia Lucian Xayah Zeri Veigar Jinx Kai’sa Kalista Sivir|
Support Tier List:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Sona Zilean Renata Glasc Janna Lulu Zyra Soraka Amumu|
|Great (A-tier)||Vel’Koz Xerath Senna Blitzcrank Pyke Bard Nami Maokai Taric|
|Good (B-tier)||Rakan Braum Karma Seraphine Lux Ashe Morgana Yuumi Brand Nautilus Swain Alistar Leona Thresh|
Expert pick commentary
To see all the explanations for our expert picks and more, head to our tier list feature!
Top – Shen
- Shen has always been a fantastic choice in low elo as he’s super simple to pick up and very easy to be impactful on.
- You’ve got that fantastic taunt to escape or set up ganks and fights and you’ve got that Ultimate to influence games from across the map with just one click!
- He is very well known as a tanky top laner but he’s actually an incredible duelist too once he gets a lead.
- Save your teammates with your ultimate, get back to the top lane with that gold advantage, and start snowballing your way to victory. When you add in those recent energy buffs too, he’s definitely in a fantastic spot right now!
Jungle – Bel’Veth
- Bel’Veth has really cemented her place in those top tiers recently and especially so in solo queue. She absolutely thrives in unorganized games and the solo queue chaos suits her perfectly.
- Her mobility is incredible, she has solid damage in both short bursts and long extended fights and her E is a fantastic defensive ability making her very difficult to shut down.
- Bel’Veth tears down rift heralds and those buffed dragons with ease and as the game goes on she only gets stronger with that permanent attack speed from her passive.
- If you have low crowd control and burst damage Bel’Veth will just stay alive forever and if she’s got that Void form? Good luck taking her down.
Mid – Vex
- Vex is is one of the most underrated champions in the game right now and ever since those recent buffs, she’s been winning A LOT of games. Just that little extra bit of love was all she needed to become relevant and now she’s boasting a very impressive win rate.
- She snowballs incredibly hard and has a huge amount of AoE CC which is very easy to pull off. She shuts down tons of different high mobility and especially melee matchups and she can easily Ult around the map contributing to early kills and setting up team up for early objectives.
- Vex has very potent single target burst but also massive AoE damage and disruption making her a fantastic pick into the majority of team comps. Whether it’s just stomping solo q or organizing comps with friends in Clash, it’s definitely time to revisit this champion.
Bottom – Caitlyn
- Caitlyn has been a bit underwhelming this season but over recent patches she’s started to make a reappearance. She’s already starting to sit at a comfortable win rate, especially at lower ranks, and these buffs should help her out that little bit further.
- Her long range has always granted her that ability to just bully the majority of lanes, and it’s really important that you do not fall behind here too because of her very lackluster mid game.
- If you can keep consistently winning lanes on this champion, you’re going to have a lot of fun though, you pack a serious amount of burst damage, especially with Galeforce and you scale like a monster once you do get through that difficult mid game.
- Caitlyn is a lot of fun to play, and as long as you be a little cautious of the enemy jungler whilst you’re pushing and bullying lanes, she’s a great pick to go for again this patch.
Support – Zyra
- Zyra has been very underrated as a support in low elo, all season so far. The buffs this week are going to make an already strong damage support even stronger and honestly removing that delay from her E’s cast is a pretty huge deal. She has some insanely infuriating poke and catch potential and those plants can really hurt more than you’d think.
- If you get ahead in lane as Zyra, especially with a lane bully like Caitlyn you can easily remove your enemies ability to lane whatsoever.
- Whether you’re pushing them under turret and bullying them or just setting up fights and ganks with that CC and damage that you have to offer.
- As long as you don’t fall too far behind and become a free kill, you’re going to be able to carry a ton of games as Zyra from that support role.
High-ELO LoL Tier List for Patch 12.18
Best Top Laners for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Singed Poppy Riven Darius|
|Great (A-tier)||Jax Garen Ornn Akshan Shen Mordekaiser Quinn Gnar Fiora Kled Sejuani Rengar Gragas Olaf Camille Aatrox|
|Good (B-tier)||Tryndamere Kayle Irelia Sylas Sett Sion Malphite Yone Renekton Vladimir Teemo Urgot Wukong Shyvana Kennen Gangplank|
Best Junglers for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Rek’Sai Kindred Fiddlesticks|
|Great (A-tier)||Zac Shaco Rengar Hecarim Bel’Veth Karthus Nidalee Master Yi Elise Udyr Olaf Kha’Zix Kayn Poppy Skarner|
|Good (B-tier)||Lillia Sejuani Qiyana Evelynn Jarvan Vi Rammus Taliyah Viego Graves Nunu Diana Lee Sin Trundle Wukong Nocturne|
Best Mid Laners for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Zed Zilean Swain|
|Great (A-tier)||Taliyah Sylas Yasuo Katarina Talon Galio Akshan Vex Ahri Kassadin Anivia Qiyana Zoe Rumble Cassiopeia Vladimir|
|Good (B-tier)||Veigar Orianna Ekko Akali Diana Irelia Leblanc Aurelion Sol Seraphine Vel’Koz Yone Viktor Azir|
Best ADC for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Seraphine Draven Twitch Miss Fortune|
|Great (A-tier)||Sivir Samira Ezreal Swain Karthus Kai’Sa Vayne Jinx Kog’Maw Kalista Veigar Nilah Ashe Tristana Jhin Caitlyn|
|Good (B-tier)||Xayah Varus Aphelios Lucian Cassiopeia Yasuo|
Best Supports for High Elo:
|Optimal (S-tier)||Pyke Bard Renata Glasc Janna|
|Great (A-tier)||Seraphine Thresh Nautilus Lulu Blitzcrank Sona Nami Amumu Rakan Senna Zilean Soraka Taric|
|Good (B-tier)||Xerath Zyra Vel’Koz Maokai Alistar Rell Karma Braum Lux Leona Yuumi|
Top – Singed
- Singed has been a bit up and down this season with various buffs and nerfs but right now he just can’t stop winning games. His win rate is up there with some of the highest in the game and due to the nature of his playstyle, when he’s strong, you seriously know about it.
- He has a ton of movement speed, solid durability and a surprising amount of damage over time, and if he does get ahead in the early game, he can just run into entire teams and fling back those priority targets into his own teammates.
- Singed has a lot to offer at the moment and he’s pretty difficult to punish too making him a very highly contested pick in that top lane.
- He is so strong he’s also seeing good results in the mid lane too just due to his ability to roam and influence other areas of the map like he can also do so effectively up top.
- Whether you stomp and snowball those early game fights or you just scale into that mid game monster, you can’t go wrong with Singed in patch 12.18.
Jungle – Fiddlesticks
- One small buff was all it took to push Fiddlesticks over the edge and now he’s one of the best junglers in the game at every single rank. He’s got a very fast clear time once you’ve learnt how to juggle multiple camps, he’s got some decent early ganks with the CC he offers and then once you hit level 6 you really come online.
- Fiddlesticks’ ultimate is one of the strongest abilities in the game and if your opponents don’t respect it you can honestly just farm elo so easily.
- The sheer amount of AoE damage and CC Fiddle has is already one of the biggest reasons to pick him, but then you factor in his farming capabilities, his objective control, his vision denial and of course those counterganks and you get a pick who is very difficult to beat. Fiddlesticks’ win rate is pretty insane right now and if you haven’t tried it yet? Give it a go.
Mid – Zed
- Zed is back with a vengeance and his win rate is the highest it’s been for quite some time. Those high elo Zed one tricks are having the time of their lives right now and he really has dethroned Qiyana now as the best assassin to pick from that mid lane.
- He has solid early burst damage and he snowballs at a crazy pace. Once he has that Ultimate his kill and dive threat is unrivaled and without too much jungle attention he can just repeatedly punish his lane opponent once he has a lead.
- If you understand how to use Zed’s shadows effectively and optimally you can seriously abuse your enemies with your insane mobility and burst damage. Whether it’s quick sharp combos or flashy one shots diving through backlines, Zed’s recent success is going to stay present for the foreseeable future.
Bottom – Draven
- Draven will always be a fantastic AD Carry to play at higher ranks due to the intense mechanical gameplay that can be insanely rewarding in the right hands.
- If you can manage those axes and keep on the move whilst pumping out damage and farming efficiently, Draven is just such a great champion and if the meta allows him to be more viable, then he’s always a top bot lane pick to go for.
- Draven’s passive makes him arguably one of the best snowballing marksman in the game as all that bonus extra gold can allow him to spike so early and then just kill his lane opponents in 2 or 3 axes.
- He’s got self peel with his E, a global ultimate that help him cash in on that passive from across the map and of course that basically permanent movement speed steroid in his W as long as he keeps catching those axes.
- Draven works super well with a variety of supports too making him a solid champion to One trick from that bot lane in high elo.
Support – Pyke
- Pyke has always been a real terror in the right hands but recently he’s started to really come back into popularity. His crazy ability to carry is almost unrivaled from that support role and his pick potential, his clean up damage and his overall impact on games is back at full strength. Pyke has a crazy high skill ceiling so, the better you get at him, the higher the reward is, and at the top ranks this is a huge factor as to his success rate. Pyke has several itemization options, he has a solid range of matchups and if the lane is that bad he can just roam and carry the map instead. If you can pull him off, he’s a fantastic choice to play in high elo this patch.
Format and Methodology
Our difficulty ratings focus on how long it would take to start seeing a champion’s power level on our list in terms of the number of games invested.
Let’s say you’re debating between learning and climbing with Jax (A-tier | Simple) or Rengar (A-tier | Severe) – you’re going to want to go with Jax. Why? This is because Jax has a lower skill floor and would require less games to play at an A-Tier level in solo queue. If you tried to pick up Rengar, you wouldn’t get the full value of A-tier until after about 15 matches of practice whereas with Jax, you would get that full 15 every time you play him.
Another example would be between Nidalee (S-tier | Intense) vs Xin Zhao (B-Tier | Simple). Let’s say you’re about to play your last match before promos and you get auto-filled to Jungle (a role you’re not too familiar with). Even though he’s lower on the list, you’d be better off choosing Xin because you don’t have the required number of games to break the skill floor of Nidalee.
Higher skill floor champions will scale better with time investment – Severe champs will outperform Simple champs in the long run because Simple champs generally have their weaknesses exposed the higher you climb.
So if your question is, “How long until I’ll start seeing results?”, the answer would be harder = longer time, easier = shorter time. If your question is. “Will this champion still be strong as I climb in ranks?”, the answer would be harder = moreso, easier = less so.
Disclaimer #1: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Disclaimer #2: This list is meant to evaluate the champions that we believe are best for climbing Solo Queue. Although there can certainly be some overlap, we are NOT looking to name the champions that are the best in pro-play or organized, competitive 5-on-5. This is why champs that require a ton of team coordination such as Ryze, may not be included or ranked highly.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 12.18 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord! If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation.