Whoops, looks like you’ve found an older tier list. Here’s the new tier list 8.22
Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends!
This list was curated in collaboration with our analyst, Hewitt “prohibit” Benson, our Challenger Coach, Adam “Morïarty” Isles, as well as our very good friend Exil (check out his Youtube channel here!). Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
Here are the Patch 7.24b notes for reference.
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
The Format and Methodology
Our tier list is ranked by what we believe are the best champions for climbing Solo Queue in Patch 7.24b. They will be ranked as Optimal (S-tier), Great (A-tier), or Good (B-tier) by their overall climbing potential and as Intense, Hard (a new addition), Moderate, or Simple according to the difficulty of utilizing their moveset to their highest level.
If you’re a skillful player with the time to learn an Optimal champion with Intense difficulty, we believe you’ll be able to make great strides in climbing. If you’re a lower level player that wants to climb but has less time to learn the intricacies of a complex champion, it may be a better option to choose a Great or Good champion with Simple Difficulty.
To categorize these champions, we considered factors such as buffs and nerfs, overall meta shifts, and item changes. We also looked at champion win rates from Lolalytics and considered our own in-game experiences in high-elo Solo Queue.
A quick disclaimer: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing. Remember that this is a PREDICTIVE Tier list – we will be wrong on things, but we’re confident that we’ll be more right than wrong.
The LAST tier list of 2017!
- Shyvana has been tearing up the Preseason with her incredibly fast clear speeds and strong dueling ability. With the use of Press the Attack, she can take on strong early game champs like Lee Sin 1v1 but still be able to outfarm and outscale them as the game goes on.
- Camille jumps into A-tier with her Arcane Comet synergy. Her players have discovered that the rune makes her a monster in lane and empowers her roams with ultimate.
- Illaoi has risen due to a new development in Korea – Kleptomancy can proc Test of Spirit! This changes Illaoi’s entire play pattern to max her E so she can get 3 Kleptomancy procs every time she lands it, giving her a huge boost in income and utility.
- Kha’zix makes his return to Optimal with the nerfs to Rammus and Xix Zhao. His evolve paths offer great versatility and he makes a potent duelist with Duskblade.
- Unsealed Spellbook allows Malz to do more Flash + R’s…enough said. He’s back to Optimal on our list.
- Unsealed Spellbook has brought Vlad back to being Great in the mid lane. He can get fed more reliably since he can Flash more often (similar to Malzahar).
On the decline
- Ornn is still incredibly strong in lane, but item changes and shifts in the ADC meta have decreased his ability to infinitely tank in team fights. He’s a Great choice but not Optimal.
- Teemo’s changes in combination with the Scorch nerf will cause him to fall out of Optimal since he won’t be as oppressive in the early game. He will still be a force to be reckoned with, especially for melee champs, so he will remain at Great into the new year.
- Kat falls from Optimal to Great due to her nerfs and the rise of her counters like Kassadin.
- The story of Riot trying to make Aatrox viable continues…he’s gotten so many direct and indirect buffs that he’s become a decent champion – give him a shot with Lethal Tempo for some sweet 1v1 potential.
- Eve is on the cusp of being Optimal, she quite frankly does an insane amount of damage and is capable of one-shotting carries without having to use her ultimate or charm when she’s ahead. Our experts anticipate number adjustments in the near future.
- Presence of Mind allows Kassadin to have one of the best late games in the current meta – if the patches begin to shift to even slightly less snowballing, he will immediately enter Optimal tier.
- Buffs to Lethal Tempo and the use of his W, Bio-Arcane Barrage, with Ravenous Hunter, gives all of his auto attacks insane healing. Kog’s potential to snowball and carry games 1v5 has returned.
- With the high number of mega tanks like Ornn in the top lane, Vayne has increased in demand. The recent buffs to her ultimate allow her to kill frontlines and clean up the backlines after.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 7.24b and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord!