Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 11.12!
Ready to climb throughout LoL’s Season 11? You’ve come to the right place!
If you’re coming back from a break since Season 10, a lot of our rankings will be dictated by the new items so be sure to understand all the changes with our Mythic items video.
LoL Tier List 11.12
Click the icons for champion builds, counters, and more!
For everybody else, we have prepared much more:
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
This list was curated in collaboration with our League Experts: Adam ‘Moriarty’ Isles, Dan ‘Aux’ Harrison and Phy, and our Role Specialists: Shikari, Only, Command Attack, and Yen. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
- Our first tier list aimed at lower elo, specifically gold elo and the surrounding brackets. These picks are effective when utilized in lower ranks and are the best tools for helping you to climb the SoloQ ladder as far as Diamond.
- Our second tier list is for high elo, aimed at Diamond 2 and above. These picks are curated by our experts and are an indicator of the champions inherent strength when played at the highest level. For a lot of the user base this information isn’t super relevant for their games but provides invaluable insight into the game itself.
- We made the decision to return to two tier lists after heavily reviewing the feedback from our users. Ultimately we agreed that a general tier list aimed at Plat+ wouldn’t serve a majority of the playerbase and we had missed the mark.
- Our difficulty system relies on “Skill Floor”, meaning that a Simple champion will yield results faster (around 5-10 games of learning)
- If a champion has a higher skill floor (Hard or Severe), it will take more time to learn them (20-50 games +) but you will be rewarded with better results over time whereas a Simple champion may fall off as you climb higher.
For a more in-depth explanation for our methodology, head to the bottom of the article.
If you’re following our tier list, we know that you want to climb as fast and efficiently as possible. Sign up for our platform to use the best improvement tools for League of Legends!
NOTE: Our tier list will be accurate when we publish at the beginning of the patch but are constantly updated by our experts. If you visit in between patch releases, be sure to check our official website’s LoL Tier List feature for the most up-to-date info.
General LoL Tier List for Patch 11.12
Top Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Camille, Riven, Fiora, Kled, Ornn, Mordekaiser, Sett, Shen, Urgot, Garen, Nasus, Wukong
- Great (A-tier) = Gnar, Kayle, Cho’Gath, Dr. Mundo, Jax, Malphite, Maokai, Sion, Yorick, Volibear, Teemo
- Good (B-tier) = Aaatrox, Darius, Poppy, Illaoi, Singed Quinn, Tryndamere
Jungle Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Shaco, Fiddlesticks, Warwick, Zac, Amumu, Volibear, Diana, Nocturne, Master Yi, Xin Zhao
- Great (A-tier) = Ekko, Evelynn, Elise, Kayn, Mordekaiser, Jarvan IV, Morgana, Rammus, Nunu + Willump, Sejuani, Vi, Skarner
- Good (B-tier) = Lee Sin, Ivern, Kindred, Poppy, Udyr, Viego, Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, Jax, Trundle
Mid Lane Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Katarina, Yasuo, Rumble, Xerath, Yone, Sett, Ahri, Lux, Diana, Annie, Malzahar
- Great (A-tier) = Zed, Ekko, Viktor, Vel’Koz, Vladimir, Corki, Fizz, Swain, Pantheon, Brand, Neeko, Ziggs
- Good (B-tier) = Aurelion Sol, LeBlanc, Cassiopeia, Talon, Galio, Kayle, Lissandra, Malphite, Nocturne, Seraphine, Tristana, Veigar
ADC Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Vayne, Kog’Maw, Swain, Jhin, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Ziggs, Sivir
- Great (A-tier) = Ezreal, Yasuo, Samira, Caitlyn, Twitch, Jinx, Seraphine, Tristana
- Good (B-tier) = Draven, Kalista, Kai’Sa, Lucian, Heimerdinger, Varus, Xayah, Veigar
Support Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Xerath, Zilean, Lulu, Zyra, Soraka, Nami, Sona, Leona, Janna, Brand
- Great (A-tier) = Vel’koz, Alistar, Braum, Swain, Seraphine, Blitzcrank, Lux, Maokai, Morgana, Nautilus, Yuumi
- Good (B-tier) = Pyke, Vel’Koz, Rakan, Pantheon, Shen, Galio, Rell, Karma
Expert pick commentary
To see all the explanations for our expert picks and more, head to our tier list feature!
Top – Camille
- Camille got a massive boost from the Divine Sunderer buff. It gives you a bunch of sustain, helps your Q deal huge amounts of damage and also gives you some bulkiness.
- Camille’s always a champion who scales extremely well but with Grasp of the Undying and Ignite you’re actually able to go toe-to-toe in the laning phase even in trickier matchups.
- Fall behind and rely on your scaling but if you pull ahead then you can easily take over a game.
Jungle – Master Yi
- Master Yi had a nerf to his lethality build but in compensation got a boost to his on-hit damage.
- In terms of shredding through targets, this build allows him to decimate and his win rate has been solid as a result.
- Yi is very much about finding the right windows, if you charge in 1v5 you can get focused down but turning up at the right time from the right angle can easily result in a won teamfight.
- You do need to be cautious about early invades but once he gets rolling Yi is unstoppable.
Mid – Rumble
- Rumble is trickier to wield but he’s been doing really solidly in the midlane. His skirmishing is really effective and with his Flamespitter he can easily contest priority.
- Joining fights pre 6 your high base damages allow you to set the pace but once you have your ult it becomes all about you.
- Immobile ADCs and Mages are so hard to play into Rumble as one well placed Equalizer can result in a flash and a chunked target or sometimes an easy kill.
- The damage output of this champion is insane and you have the tools to decimate any teamfight.
Bottom – Jhin
- Jhin is really appreciating the Kai’sa nerfs, with less threat onto him he can continue to decimate targets at a healthy distance.
- Galeforce syncs so well with him, allowing him to skate around after each crit and the dash can be used to punish or keep you safe.
- Jhin’s scaling is insane, getting to the point where 2 autos are enough to annihilate the target, and with the pressure he applies in lane he’s very capable of getting there.
Support – Zyra
- Zyra had some pretty understated buffs to her kit, having the cooldown on her seed reduced and the slow on her plants increased.
- It has definitely helped and she’s really taking root in the bot lane, Zyra’s laning is oppressive and as long as you can mitigate an engage you will out-trade most matchups and force them under tower.
- Paired with a strong laning ADC like Jhin or MF and you’re able to decimate and not give your opponents a chance to breathe.
- Zyra is particularly effective into Thresh as you can block his hook with your plants and root him in the same cast, allowing you to reverse the pressure and chunk him out.
High-ELO LoL Tier List for Patch 11.12
Best High-ELO Top Champions for 11.12:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Camille, Irelia, Lee Sin, Riven, Fiora, Gwen, Darius, Lulu, Sett, Nocturne, Wukong
- Great (A-tier) = Gangplank, Gnar, Aatrox, Rumble, Vladimir, Poppy, Renekton, Shen, Singed, Urgot, Jax, Malphite, Tryndamere
- Good (B-tier) = Akali, Jayce, Sylas, Lucian, Ornn, Gragas, Kennen, Kayle, Viego, Cho’Gath, Karma, Quinn, Sion
Best High-ELO Jungle Champions for 11.12:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Rek’Sai, Rumble, Shaco, Fiddlesticks, Xin Zhao
- Great (A-tier) = Nidalee, Evelynn, Gwen, Kha’Zix, Kindred, Taliyah, Karthus, Kayn, Udyr, Nocturne, Nunu + Willump, Zac
- Good (B-tier) = Lee Sin, Ekko, Elise, Ivern, Lillia, Gragas, Viego, Diana, Morgana, Sejuani, Skarner, Volibear, Wukong
Best High-ELO Mid Lane Champions for 11.12:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Katarina, Lee Sin, Qiyana, Sylas, Zed, Rumble, Yone, Ahri, Lulu, Annie
- Great (A-tier) = Akali, Ryze, Yasuo, Anivia, Ekko, Gwen, Talon, Viktor, Galio, Kassadin, Viego, Tristana
- Good (B-tier) = Leblanc, Lucian, Orianna, Syndra, Twisted Fate, Vladimir, Xerath, Corki, Fizz, Pantheon, Sett, Zilean, Karma, Malzahar, Nocturne
Best High-ELO ADC Champions for 11.12:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Ezreal, Vayne, Kog’Maw, Jinx
- Great (A-tier) = Draven, Yasuo, Caitlyn, Heimerdinger, Jhin, Karthus, Swain, Varus, Ashe, Sivir, Tristana
- Good (B-tier) = Kai’Sa, Samira, Caitlyn, Senna, Twitch, Miss Fortune, Seraphine
Best High-ELO Support Champions for 11.12:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Thresh, Bard, Lulu, Senna
- Great (A-tier) = Alistar, Braum, Zilean, Janna, Karma, Leona, Nautilus, Seraphine
- Good (B-tier) = Rakan, Shaco, Tahm Kench, Taric, Blitzcrank, Maokai, Nami, Sona, Soraka, Yuumi
Top – Gwen
- Gwen is strong straight out from the gate with one of the best level 1s in the game to give trouble to your lane opponent.
- In terms of fitting into a team comp, she’s a solid frontliner and the best AP option for top from a pretty limited pool to help your team’s damage profile.
- Her scaling is really solid and each item you pick up is a massive spike.
- With tools like her W you can easily navigate teamfights to dismantle your opponents.
Jungle – Zac
- Zac is benefiting from a bit less pressure on powerfarming thanks to the jungle changes and the fact his tank items feel so strong.
- Thornmail and Abyssal Mask are both great options which make him bulky while doing more damage, he can easily 100-0 a squishy if he manages to connect later in the game.
- With really long engage range and strong ganks after level 5 he’s a dominant pick, just as long as you can navigate your early game till around level 5.
Mid – Qiyana
- Qiyana is great at finding priority and looking to roam and skirmish.
- It’s so difficult for the enemy mid laner to match you as walking into the fog of war against a Qiyana is incredibly risky.
- Your damage is huge especially on lower health targets, joining a fight late can allow you to easily clean up.
- With the sheer amount of Lethality you can stack on Prowler’s claw you can use early advantages you pick up to translate into a devastating midgame where you’re capable of bursting almost any target.
Bottom – Ezreal
- Ezreal made a massive resurgence with a buff to his base armor combined with a significant buff to Divine Sunderer.
- As one of the champions who syncs with it best, he’s been rising up in win rate significantly.
- His build gives him a ton of damage and ability haste but also survivability with a Frozen Heart being a very cost-effective option to add to your durability while also providing relevant stats in mana and ability haste.
- Ezreal takes a bit to get going but once you hit that 2 item spikes he’s a monster in the right hands.
Support – Senna
- Senna has two builds on the table, Lethality is an option with the buff to her scaling but right now Divine Sunderer is doing a huge amount of work.
- You’re easily able to proc it even with your Q and combining the Max Health damage proc with your passive allows you to shred targets, with Black Cleaver as your second item, that shred is amplified even more.
- Fasting is the best way to play and ideally, if you’re playing with a duo, you can play Senna Tahm but there’s a huge range of different champs which are facilitated by laning with Senna and it allows you to counter almost any matchup.
Format and Methodology
Our difficulty ratings focus on how long it would take to start seeing a champion’s power level on our list in terms of the number of games invested.
Let’s say you’re debating between learning and climbing with Jax (A-tier | Simple) or Rengar (A-tier | Severe) – you’re going to want to go with Jax. Why? This is because Jax has a lower skill floor and would require less games to play at an A-Tier level in solo queue. If you tried to pick up Rengar, you wouldn’t get the full value of A-tier until after about 15 matches of practice whereas with Jax, you would get that full 15 every time you play him.
Another example would be between Nidalee (S-tier | Intense) vs Xin Zhao (B-Tier | Simple). Let’s say you’re about to play your last match before promos and you get auto-filled to Jungle (a role you’re not too familiar with). Even though he’s lower on the list, you’d be better off choosing Xin because you don’t have the required number of games to break the skill floor of Nidalee.
Higher skill floor champions will scale better with time investment – Severe champs will outperform Simple champs in the long run because Simple champs generally have their weaknesses exposed the higher you climb.
So if your question is, “How long until I’ll start seeing results?”, the answer would be harder = longer time, easier = shorter time. If your question is. “Will this champion still be strong as I climb in ranks?”, the answer would be harder = moreso, easier = less so.
Disclaimer #1: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Disclaimer #2: This list is meant to evaluate the champions that we believe are best for climbing Solo Queue. Although there can certainly be some overlap, we are NOT looking to name the champions that are the best in pro-play or organized, competitive 5 on 5. This is why champs that require a ton of team coordination such as Ryze, may not be included or ranked highly.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 11.12 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord! If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation.