Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 11.8!
Ready to climb throughout LoL’s Season 11? You’ve come to the right place!
If you’re coming back from a break since Season 10, a lot of our rankings will be dictated by the new items so be sure to understand all the changes with our Mythic items video.
LoL Tier List 11.8
Click the icons for champion builds, counters, and more!
For everybody else, we have prepared much more:
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
This list was curated in collaboration with our League Experts: Adam ‘Moriarty’ Isles, Dan ‘Aux’ Harrison and Phy, and our Role Specialists: Shikari, Only, Command Attack, and Yen. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
- Our first tier list aimed at lower elo, specifically gold elo and the surrounding brackets. These picks are effective when utilized in lower ranks and are the best tools for helping you to climb the SoloQ ladder as far as Diamond.
- Our second tier list is for high elo, aimed at Diamond 2 and above. These picks are curated by our experts and are an indicator of the champions inherent strength when played at the highest level. For a lot of the user base this information isn’t super relevant for their games but provides invaluable insight into the game itself.
- We made the decision to return to two tier lists after heavily reviewing the feedback from our users. Ultimately we agreed that a general tier list aimed at Plat+ wouldn’t serve a majority of the playerbase and we had missed the mark.
- Our difficulty system relies on “Skill Floor”, meaning that a Simple champion will yield results faster (around 5-10 games of learning)
- If a champion has a higher skill floor (Hard or Severe), it will take more time to learn them (20-50 games +) but you will be rewarded with better results over time whereas a Simple champion may fall off as you climb higher.
For a more in-depth explanation for our methodology, head to the bottom of the article.
If you’re following our tier list, we know that you want to climb as fast and efficiently as possible. Sign up for our platform to use the best improvement tools for League of Legends!
NOTE: Our tier list will be accurate when we publish at the beginning of the patch but are constantly updated by our experts. If you visit in between patch releases, be sure to check our official website’s LoL Tier List feature for the most up-to-date info.
General LoL Tier List for Patch 11.8
Top Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Darius, Urgot, Wukong, Cho’Gath, Malphite, Nasus, Garen, Yorick
- Great (A-tier) = Riven, Gnar, Kled, Fiora, Ornn, Vladimir, Sett, Poppy, Shen, Pantheon, Maokai, Teemo, Volibear, Sion, Jax
- Good (B-tier) = Rengar, Camille,, Aaatrox, Viego, Gragas, Singed, Renekton, Illaoi, Mordekaiser, Kennen, Kayle, Dr. Mundo, Quinn, Tryndamere
Jungle Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Shaco, Elise, Nocturne, Udyr, Skarner, Hecarim, Volibear, Rammus, Nunu + Willump
- Great (A-tier) = Ekko, Evelynn Ivern, Kha’Zix, Fiddlesticks, Viego, Poppy, Amumu, Warwick, Sejuani, Vi, Master, Yi, Xin Zhao, Zac
- Good (B-tier) = Lee Sin, Taliyah, Rek’Sai, Kindred, Graves, Kayn, Gragas, Shyvana, Trundle, Jarvan IV, Jax, Dr. Mundo, Olaf, Diana
Mid Lane Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Katarina, Yasuo, Anivia, Ekko, Fizz, Ahri, Malzahar, Neeko, Diana, Annie
- Great (A-tier) = Zed, Yasuo, Yone, Vel’Koz, Viktor, Vladimir, Kassadin, Swain, Galio, Pantheon, Viego, Lux, Brand, Morgana, Malphite, Tristana
- Good (B-tier) = Akali, Sylas, Zoe, Pyke, Azir, Cassiopeia, Twisted Fate, Talon, Xerath, Syndra, Seraphine, Corki, Ziggs, Veigar, Lissandra
ADC Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Vayne, Seraphine, Swain, Jhin, Miss Fortune, Jinx, Tristana, Sivir
- Great (A-tier) = Ezreal, Draven, Lucian, Samira, Kai’Sa, Heimerdinger, Senna, Varus, Twitch, Caitlyn, Ashe
- Good (B-tier) = Aphelios, Kalista, Yasuo, Xayah, Kog’Maw, Ziggs
Support Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Bard, Zilean, Lulu, Brand, Blitzcrank, Nami, Leona, Morgana
- Great (A-tier) = Thresh, Shaco, Braum, Swain, Senna, Alistar, Galio, Seraphine, Maokai, Zyra, Yuumi, Nautilus, Sona, Soraka, Janna, Lux
- Good (B-tier) = Pyke, Vel’Koz, Rakan, Xerath, Shen, Taric, Rell Pantheon, Karma
Expert pick commentary
To see all the explanations for our expert picks and more, head to our tier list feature!
Top – Wukong
- Wukong is a really strong performer in the top lane, in the laning phase he’s a solid counter to Gnar who’s been a very popular and problematic champ within the role.
- He trades well into a range of bruisers being able to dive in a dip away but this isn’t even his main strength. He is an absolute monster in teamfights, being able to disrupt and destroy the enemy teams backline.
- If you’re tired of overpowered ADCs then pick Wukong to bring them down a notch or two.
Jungle – Rammus
- Rammus just came in with a mini rework, the critical change is his ult no works as a dash and allows him to slam into opponents hitting them for both his Q and some solid R impact damage.
- Rammus was already soloing your ADC but now he’s going to have an easier time getting onto them and a lot more burst to hit them with. Also his AP ratio on a full speed R with Q active is 240%, that isn’t a recommendation for ranked but use that information as you please.
Mid – Diana
- Diana is a solid low elo stomper, able to challenge in skirmishes and annihilate squishy targets with her burst.
- On this patch, we got a buff to her damage to jungle camps and her passives bonus attack speed level 1.
- Although these are focused towards the jungle they give a bit of power to solo lane Diana and allow her to clear camps quicker and further her lead.
- Diana can be monstrous when fed and when it comes to teamfights her ult alone can decimate teams.
Bottom – Jinx
- Jinx is a super hard carry right now, capable of taking over teamfights with her resets and outscaling almost any ADC in the game.
- Her massive range makes her really difficult to challenge unless you have strong dive threats and if she’s paired with a strong peel champion like Thresh or Lulu then it feels almost impossible.
- Her ult is not only a solid tool for clearing up kills but does enough damage to steal neutral objectives away from the enemy team.
- If you’re wanting to carry your games she’s a great choice.
Support – Brand
- Brand was pretty powerful after the item rework but since declined a fair bit, he has now started to make a resurgence as a lot of the high-pressure melee engage champs have been nerfed down giving him more freedom to create havoc in the bot lane.
- Brand’s weaknesses are being dived on and exploded but if the enemy bot lane isn’t able to do that you can harass them, chunk them and hunt for kills with your stun.
- There’s definitely some skill into comboing his abilities but once you get to grips with it he’s a lot of fun and can carry effectively from the support role.
High-ELO LoL Tier List for Patch 11.8
Best High-ELO Top Champions for 11.8:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Camille, Irelia, Gnar, Riven, Aatrox, Darius,. Urgot
- Great (A-tier) = Rengar, Gangplank, Sylas, Fiora, Poppy, Renekton, Lulu, Gragas, Shen, Yorick, Sion, Volibear, Cho’Gath, Wukong, Malphite, Jinx
- Good (B-tier) = Jayce, Akali, Rumble, Ornn, Lucian, Kled, Vladimir, Sett, Viego, Nocturne, Mordekasier, Kennen, Nasus, Quinn, Maokai, Tryndamere
Best High-ELO Jungle Champions for 11.8:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Udyr, Lillia, Hecarim, Volibear
- Great (A-tier) = Shaco, Kha’Zix, Evelynn, Taliyah, Rek’Sai, Elise, Ivern, Karthus, Fiddlesticks, Graves, Kayn, Nocturne, Olaf, Nunu + Willump, Skarner
- Good (B-tier) = Rengar, Lee Sin, Ekko, Kindred, Gragas, Viego, Sejuani, Xin Zhao, Jarvan IV, Rammus, Wukong, Diana, Zac, Vi, Shyvana, Trundle
Best High-ELO Mid Lane Champions for 11.8:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Katarina, Qiyana, Talon, Viktor, Yone, Twisted Fate, Kassadin, Ahri, Galio, Viego, Annie, Tristana
- Great (A-tier) = Zoe, Sylas, Zed, Akali, Ryze, Leblanc, Yasuo, Syndra, Orianna, Ekko, Cassiopeia, Anivia, Lucian, Swain, Fizz, Diana
- Good (B-tier) = Azir, Irelia, Jayce, Aurelion Sol, Vladimir, Pantheon, Zilean, Seraphine, Corki, Lulu, Kayle, Malzhaar, Karma, Neeko, Brand
Best High-ELO ADC Champions for 11.8:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Kai’Sa, Vayne, Seraphine, Tristana, Jinx
- Great (A-tier) = Ezreal, Draven, Yasuo, Aphelios, Vayne, Senna, Xayah, Caitlyn, Jhin, Varus, Miss Fortune, Sivir, Ashe
- Good (B-tier) = Kalista, Cassiopeia, Lucian, Kog’Maw, Twitch, Varus, Heimerdinger
Best High-ELO Support Champions for 11.8:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Thresh, Bard, Lulu
- Great (A-tier) = Rakan, Seraphine, Braum, Zilean, Rell, Alistar, Senna, Janna, Maokai, Nautilus, Morgana, Blitzcrank, Nami, Karma, Leona, Lux
- Good (B-tier) = Pyke, Vel’Koz, Xerath, Shaco, Swain, Gragas, Galio, Sett, Taric, Yuumi, Soraka, Zyra, Sona, Brand
Format and Methodology
Our difficulty ratings focus on how long it would take to start seeing a champion’s power level on our list in terms of the number of games invested.
Let’s say you’re debating between learning and climbing with Jax (A-tier | Simple) or Rengar (A-tier | Severe) – you’re going to want to go with Jax. Why? This is because Jax has a lower skill floor and would require less games to play at an A-Tier level in solo queue. If you tried to pick up Rengar, you wouldn’t get the full value of A-tier until after about 15 matches of practice whereas with Jax, you would get that full 15 every time you play him.
Another example would be between Nidalee (S-tier | Intense) vs Xin Zhao (B-Tier | Simple). Let’s say you’re about to play your last match before promos and you get auto-filled to Jungle (a role you’re not too familiar with). Even though he’s lower on the list, you’d be better off choosing Xin because you don’t have the required number of games to break the skill floor of Nidalee.
Higher skill floor champions will scale better with time investment – Severe champs will outperform Simple champs in the long run because Simple champs generally have their weaknesses exposed the higher you climb.
So if your question is, “How long until I’ll start seeing results?”, the answer would be harder = longer time, easier = shorter time. If your question is. “Will this champion still be strong as I climb in ranks?”, the answer would be harder = moreso, easier = less so.
Disclaimer #1: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Disclaimer #2: This list is meant to evaluate the champions that we believe are best for climbing Solo Queue. Although there can certainly be some overlap, we are NOT looking to name the champions that are the best in pro-play or organized, competitive 5 on 5. This is why champs that require a ton of team coordination such as Ryze, may not be included or ranked highly.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 11.8 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord! If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation.