We’ve launched the new Live Companion! Try it for free today by hitting the button below.
Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 10.16!
For those of you who are in a rush or already in champion select, here is a list of the strongest champions for every role in Patch 10.16.
LoL Tier List 10.16
Click the icons for champion builds, counters, and more!
For everybody else, we have prepared much more:
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
Now that you know the best champions for LoL, get the best champions for Teamfight Tactics with our new TFT tier list!
This list was curated in collaboration with our analyst, Hewitt “prohibit” Benson, our Challenger Coach, Adam “Morïarty” Isles, Nasteey, Phy, and our newest Challenger jungle expert, “Flaress”. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
- We have two tier lists, one for the majority of the player base and one for high ELO. There are many smart people who have good thoughts on what’s strong, but our tier list is specifically focused on helping you progress in your rank now.
- The lines between these lists are not black and white, we recommend using the Majority-ELO list until around Diamond where switching to High-ELO becomes more effective. We also recommend using the Majority ELO tier list to play your off role!
- Our difficulty system relies on “Skill Floor”, meaning that a Simple champion will yield results faster (around 5-10 games of learning)
- If a champion has a higher skill floor (Hard or Severe), it will take more time to learn them (20-50 games +) but you will be rewarded with better results over time whereas a Simple champion may fall off as you climb higher.
If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation! For a more in-depth explanation for our methodology, head to the bottom of the article.
If you’re following our tier list, we know that you want to climb as fast and efficiently as possible. Sign up for our platform to use the best improvement tools for League of Legends!
NOTE: Our tier list will be accurate when we publish at the beginning of the patch but are constantly updated by our experts. If you visit in between patch releases, be sure to check our official website’s LoL Tier List feature for the most up-to-date info.
General LoL Tier List for Patch 10.16
Top Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Fiora, Shen, Mordekaiser, Darius, Urgot, Garen, Nasus, Jax
- Great (A-tier) = Camille, Singed, Renekton, Yorick, Sett, Maokai, Malphite, Teemo, Wukong, Quinn, Tryndamere
- Good (B-tier) = Riven, Rengar, Gnar, Irelia, Vayne, Vladimir, Ornn, Kled, Aatrox, Illaoi, Kayle, Poppy, Dr. Mundo, Sion, Cho’Gath, Volibear
Jungle Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Ekko, Kha’Zix, Graves, Kayn, Vi, Warwick
- Great (A-tier) = Shaco, Elise, Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Zac, Amumu, Nocturne, Hecarim, Shyvana, Nunu + Willump, Master Yi, Rammus, Volibear
- Good (B-tier) = Lee Sin, Rengar, Rek’Sai, Kindred, Ivern, Udyr, Karthus, Xin Zhao, Skarner, Olaf, Jarvan IV, Wukong, Trundle, Sejuani, Jax
Mid Lane Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Yasuo, Katarina, Zed, Ekko, Fizz, Galio, Diana
- Great (A-tier) = Orianna, Talon, Vladimir, Vel’Koz, Ahri, Kassadin, Malzahar, Nocturne, Annie, Lux, Neeko
- Good (B-tier) = Leblanc, Zoe, Sylas, Akali, Twisted Fate, Rumble, Xerath, Anivia, Syndra, Viktor, Cassiopeia, Pantheon, Swain, Malphite, Nunu + Willump, Veigar, Tristana
ADC Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Ezreal, Caitlyn, Jhin, Ashe, Jinx
- Great (A-tier) = Draven, Yasuo, Kai’Sa, Lucian, Vayne, Swain, Karthus, Xayah, Miss Fortune, Sivir, Ziggs, Veigar, Tristana
- Good (B-tier) = Kalista, Aphelios, Cassiopeia, Kog’Maw, Heimerdinger, Senna, Twitch,
Support Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Thresh, Senna, Lulu, Blitzcrank, Leona, Soraka, Morgana
- Great (A-tier) = Pyke, Bard, Zilean, Taric, Alistar, Lux, Janna, Sona, Nami, Zyra, Karma, Nautilus, Brand
- Good (B-tier) = Rakan, Xerath, Vel’Koz, Shaco, Pantheon, Galio, Braum, Swain, Maokai, Yuumi
Expert pick commentary
To see all the explanations for our expert picks (Volibear, Nunu, Orianna, Ezreal, and Senna) and more head to our tier list feature!
High-ELO LoL Tier List for Patch 10.16
Best High-ELO Top Champions for 10.16:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Camille, Jayce, Fiora, Shen, Renekton, Volibear, Jax, Wukong
- Great (A-tier) = Riven, Irelia, Gangplank, Sylas, Aatrox, Kled, Vladimir, Sett, Kennen, Darius, Singed, Tryndamere, Malphite, Maokai
- Good (B-tier) = Akali, Gnar, Ornn, Urgot, Mordekaiser, Pantheon, Poppy, Kayle, Garen, Hecarim, Quinn, Sion
Best High-ELO Jungle Champions for 10.16:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Lee Sin, Nidalee, Rek’Sai, Elise, Ekko, Kha’Zix, Karthus, Graves
- Great (A-tier) = Rengar, Evelynn, Shaco, Kindred, Kayn, Fiddlesticks, Olaf, Nunu + Willump, Zac, Volibear, Hecarim
- Good (B-tier) = Sylas, Taliyah, Ivern, Gragas, Sett, Warwick, Xin Zhao, Master Yi, Shyvana, Jarvan IV, Trundle, Vi, Skarner, Nocturne
Best High-ELO Mid Lane Champions for 10.16:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Zoe, Zed, Syndra, Talon, Twisted Fate, Orianna, Galio
- Great (A-tier) = Yasuo, Katarina, Qiyana, Sylas, LeBlanc, Ekko, Cassiopeia, Vladimir, Sett, Pantheon, Kassadin, Fizz, Diana, Nunu + Willump
- Good (B-tier) = Aurelion Sol, Akali, Azir, Irelia, Viktor, Lucian, Rumble, Anivia, Vel’Koz, Ahri, Corki, Karthus, Malzahar, Lissandra, Karma, Nocturne
Best High-ELO ADC Champions for 10.16:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Ezreal, Aphelios, Kai’Sa, Karthus, Ashe
- Great (A-tier) = Yasuo, Draven, Kalista, Vayne, Syndra, Jhin, Caitlyn, Twitch, Senna
- Good (B-tier) = Cassiopeia, Lucian, Xayah, Kog’Maw, Varus, Sivir, Jinx, Ziggs, Tristana, Miss Fortune, Veigar
Best High-ELO Support Champions for 10.16:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Thresh, Bard, Lulu, Senna, Karma
- Great (A-tier) = Pyke, Rakan, Alistar, Taric, Sett, Yuumi, Nami, Soraka, Leona, Blitzcrank, Janna, Nautilus
- Good (B-tier) = Vel’Koz, Galio, Tahm Kench, Braum, Zilean, Pantheon, Morgana, Sona, Maokai, Lux, Zyra
Format and Methodology
To improve the accuracy, usefulness, and understanding of our Tier List, we’ve decided to split it into two lists – one for the wide majority of the player base, and another intended for high elo. The goal of our list is to give the best recommendations for what we think will help you best climb in solo queue. Previously, our placements could often conflict with what players saw in a Challenger player’s stream or in pro-play. Often times, a champ could be very strong in a high-skilled players hands but we didn’t feel right endorsing the champ for a lower-skill player to pick up. Having two lists will allow us to make better and more relevant judgments across the spectrum.
We’ll also be changing our difficulty rating system from Learning Curve to “Skill Floor”. After receiving feedback from the community, we realized that some were associating Learning Curve with including the full potential (Skill Ceiling) of a champion. We want to avoid that for the general list and want the definition to lean more towards how long it would take to start seeing a champion’s power level on our list in terms of the number of games invested.
Let’s say you’re debating between learning and climbing with Jax (A-tier | Simple) or Rengar (A-tier | Severe) – you’re going to want to go with Jax. Why? This is because Jax has a lower skill floor and would require less games to play at an A-Tier level in solo queue. If you tried to pick up Rengar, you wouldn’t get the full value of A-tier until after about 15 matches of practice whereas with Jax, you would get that full 15 every time you play him.
Another example would be between Nidalee (S-tier | Intense) vs Xin Zhao (B-Tier | Simple). Let’s say you’re about to play your last match before promos and you get auto-filled to Jungle (a role you’re not too familiar with). Even though he’s lower on the list, you’d be better off choosing Xin because you don’t have the required number of games to break the skill floor of Nidalee.
Higher skill floor champions will scale better with time investment – Severe champs will outperform Simple champs in the long run because Simple champs generally have their weaknesses exposed the higher you climb.
So if your question is, “How long until I’ll start seeing results?”, the answer would be harder = longer time, easier = shorter time. If your question is. “Will this champion still be strong as I climb in ranks?”, the answer would be harder = moreso, easier = less so.
Disclaimer #1: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Disclaimer #2: This list is meant to evaluate the champions that we believe are best for climbing Solo Queue. Although there can certainly be some overlap, we are NOT looking to name the champions that are the best in pro-play or organized, competitive 5 on 5. This is why champs that require a ton of team coordination such as Ryze, may not be included or ranked highly.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 10.16 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord! If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation.