Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 11.2!
Prepping for your Season 11 climb? You’ve come to the right place!
If you’re coming back from a break since Season 10, a lot of our rankings will be dictated by the new items so be sure to understand all the changes with our Mythic items video.
LoL Tier List 11.2
Click the icons for champion builds, counters, and more!
For everybody else, we have prepared much more:
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
Now that you know the best champions for LoL, get the best champions for Teamfight Tactics with our new TFT tier list!
This list was curated in collaboration with our League Experts: Adam ‘Moriarty’ Isles, Dan ‘Aux’ Harrison and Phy, and our Role Specialists: Shikari, Only, Command Attack, and Yen. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
- Our first tier list aimed at lower elo, specifically gold elo and the surrounding brackets. These picks are effective when utilized in lower ranks and are the best tools for helping you to climb the SoloQ ladder as far as Diamond.
- Our second tier list is for high elo, aimed at Diamond 2 and above. These picks are curated by our experts and are an indicator of the champions inherent strength when played at the highest level. For a lot of the user base this information isn’t super relevant for their games but provides invaluable insight into the game itself.
- We made the decision to return to two tier lists after heavily reviewing the feedback from our users. Ultimately we agreed that a general tier list aimed at Plat+ wouldn’t serve a majority of the playbase and we had missed the mark.
- Our difficulty system relies on “Skill Floor”, meaning that a Simple champion will yield results faster (around 5-10 games of learning)
- If a champion has a higher skill floor (Hard or Severe), it will take more time to learn them (20-50 games +) but you will be rewarded with better results over time whereas a Simple champion may fall off as you climb higher.
For a more in-depth explanation for our methodology, head to the bottom of the article.
If you’re following our tier list, we know that you want to climb as fast and efficiently as possible. Sign up for our platform to use the best improvement tools for League of Legends!
NOTE: Our tier list will be accurate when we publish at the beginning of the patch but are constantly updated by our experts. If you visit in between patch releases, be sure to check our official website’s LoL Tier List feature for the most up-to-date info.
General LoL Tier List for Patch 11.2
Top Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Darius, Shen, Pantheon, Lulu, Malphite, Wukong Garen, Nasus, Cho’Gath, Sion, Karma, Soraka
- Great (A-tier) = Camille, Ornn, Kled, Fiora, Urgot, Kayle, Sett, Poppy, Volibear, Maokai, Jax, Quinn, Teemo
- Good (B-tier) = Rengar, Gnar, Riven, Akali, Aaatrox, Singed, Renekton, Illaoi, Mordekaiser, Kennen, Yorick, Tryndamere
Jungle Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) =Kha’Zix, Ivern, Udyr, Skarner, Rammus, Olaf, Nunu + Willump, Hecarim, Elise
- Great (A-tier) = Evelynn, Taliyah, Ekko, Poppy, Graves, Fiddlesticks, Kayn, Amumu, Warwick, Volibear, Master Yi, Dr. Mundo, Sejuani, Vi
- Good (B-tier) = Lee Sin, Nidalee, Rek’Sai, Shaco, Lillia, Gragas, Zac, Shyvana, Xin Zhao, Jarvan IV, Jax, Nocturne, Trundle
Mid Lane Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Viktor, Ekko, Anivia, Galio, Fizz, Seraphine, Pantheon, Annie, Malzahar
- Great (A-tier) = Zed, Yasuo, Yone, Vel’Koz, Orianna, Ahri, Kayle, Swain, Brand, Morgana, Neeko, Lux, Diana, Ziggs, Malphite
- Good (B-tier) = LeBlanc, Sylas, Zoe, Pyke, Katarina, Akali, Azir, Cassiopeia, Xerath, Vladimir, Twisted Fate, Talon, Syndra, Kassadin, Veigar, Lissandra
ADC Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Vayne, Kai’Sa, Swain, Jhin, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Tristana
- Great (A-tier) = Samira, Lucian, Viktor, Seraphine, Caitlyn, Heimerdinger, Senna, Kog’Maw, Twitch, Jinx, Sivir
- Good (B-tier) = Aphelios, Kalista, Ezreal, Yasuo, Draven, Varus, Xayah, Ziggs
Support Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Thresh, Seraphine, Zilean, Lulu, Alistar, Leona, Janna, Soraka
- Great (A-tier) = Bard, Rell, Galio, Pantheon, Swain, Nami, Maokai, karma, Lux, Morgana, Yuumi, Nautilus, Blitzcrank, Sona, Brand, Zyra
- Good (B-tier) = Pyke, Vel’Koz, Rakan, Shaco, Xerath, Shen, Senna, Braum, Taric, Annie
Expert pick commentary
To see all the explanations for our expert picks and more, head to our tier list feature!
Top – Lulu
- Lulu is back in the toplane with the Moonstone/Staff of Flowing Water combo.
- Her annoying laning is still solid but it doesn’t matter, down 50 CS? A tower? Just group with your team and you outvalue almost any champion in the game.
- The healing and utility is oppressive and as long as you have a good target to buff you’ll be golden. Best played when duoing.
Jungle – Skarner
- 2800g for Chemtank is a bargain for Skarner, he already had a solid winrate but now that he’s got cheaper access to his Mythic he can run down enemy carries even easier.
- Galeforce won’t be enough to keep them safe and once they’re locked down their mobility is irrelevant.
- With how strong ADCs are at the moment this is a great time for Skarner.
Mid – Malzahar
- Mazlahar is another midlaner great at dealing with pesky mobile ADCs.Very little counterplay until a QSS is picked up but that simply means picking another target or waiting till it’s been used.
- Clearing waves is easy and it’s incredibly hard to punish him with his shield and defensive peel.
- Malzahar is a consistent pick and only really struggles against long range mages who aren’t being seen too often at the moment.
Bottom – Seraphine
- Seraphine bot is super strong at the moment, capable of going an AP heavy or Supportive build she can flex to suit her team.
- Her wave clear is solid, her pick potential is good and her teamfighting and scaling are overpowered.
- Your ult is capable of single handedly winning games and it’s hard to miss when fighting in a choke. Works best when you have sources of AD on your team
Support – Rell
- Rell took some time to start to shine but she’s finally starting to make some headway. Her strengths lie in her aggressive CC setup allowing her to challenge lanes from level 1.
- Follow that up with some roaming augmented by her bonus movement speed when mounted and it’s easy to dictate a game early by showing up and making an impact.
- Once teamfights arrive your ult can combo with your E to make devastating setups for your team.
High-ELO LoL Tier List for Patch 11.2
Best High-ELO Top Champions for 11.2:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Camille, Irelia, Shen, Darius
- Great (A-tier) = Jayce, Rengar, Akali, Riven, Fiora, Aatrox, Ornn, Yone, Lucian, kennen, Renekton, Poppy, Gragas, Pantheon, Malphite, Jax
- Good (B-tier) = Gnar, Gangplank, Sylas, Kled, Urgot, Kayle, Sett, Wukong, Teemo, Maokai, Olaf, Tryndamere, Nasus, Volibear, Sion, Cho’Gath
Best High-ELO Jungle Champions for 11.2:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Kha’Zix, Taliyah, Ivern, Graves, Pantheon, Hecarim, Nunu + Willump, Olaf
- Great (A-tier) = Nidalee, Elise, Evelynn, Rek’Sai, Ekko, Lillia, Udyr, Fiddlesticks
- Good (B-tier) = Lee Sin, Rengar, Kindred, Kayn, Karthus, Poppy, Gragas, Sejuani, Volibear, Skarner, Rammus, Wukong, Jarvan IV, Zac, Vi
Best High-ELO Mid Lane Champions for 11.2:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Akali, Katarina, Ekko, Viktor, Yone, Talon, Anivia, Pantheon, Galio, Fizz, Annie
- Great (A-tier) = Zoe, Sylas, Zed, Cassiopeia, Orianna, Syndra, Vel’Koz, Swain, Kassadin, Seraphine, Malzahar, Sion, Brand, Diana
- Good (B-tier) = Qiyana, LeBlanc, Yasuo, Aurelion Sol, Irelia, Jayce, Xerath, Lucian, Twisted Fate, Vladimir, Ahri, Kayle, Zilean, Kennen, Lissandra
Best High-ELO ADC Champions for 11.2:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Kai’Sa, Vayne, Jhin, Swain, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Tristana
- Great (A-tier) = Ezreal, Draven, Kalista, Samira, Yasuo, Aphelios, Viktor, Lucian, Cassiopeia, Heimerdinger, Twitch, Caitlyn
- Good (B-tier) = Kog’Maw, Xayah, Senna, Varus, Jinx, Sivir
Best High-ELO Support Champions for 11.2:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Thresh, Bard, Alistar, Maokai, Nami, Leona, Janna
- Great (A-tier) = Pyke, Rakan, Braum, Pantheon, Lulu, Taric, Galio, Seraphine, Gragas, Nautilus, Morgana, Yuumi
- Good (B-tier) = Vel’Koz, Xerath, Shaco, Sett, Swain, Zilean, Rell, Ashe, Brand, Annie, Zyra, Blitzcrank, Karma, Soraka, Lux, Sona
Format and Methodology
Our difficulty ratings focus on how long it would take to start seeing a champion’s power level on our list in terms of the number of games invested.
Let’s say you’re debating between learning and climbing with Jax (A-tier | Simple) or Rengar (A-tier | Severe) – you’re going to want to go with Jax. Why? This is because Jax has a lower skill floor and would require less games to play at an A-Tier level in solo queue. If you tried to pick up Rengar, you wouldn’t get the full value of A-tier until after about 15 matches of practice whereas with Jax, you would get that full 15 every time you play him.
Another example would be between Nidalee (S-tier | Intense) vs Xin Zhao (B-Tier | Simple). Let’s say you’re about to play your last match before promos and you get auto-filled to Jungle (a role you’re not too familiar with). Even though he’s lower on the list, you’d be better off choosing Xin because you don’t have the required number of games to break the skill floor of Nidalee.
Higher skill floor champions will scale better with time investment – Severe champs will outperform Simple champs in the long run because Simple champs generally have their weaknesses exposed the higher you climb.
So if your question is, “How long until I’ll start seeing results?”, the answer would be harder = longer time, easier = shorter time. If your question is. “Will this champion still be strong as I climb in ranks?”, the answer would be harder = moreso, easier = less so.
Disclaimer #1: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Disclaimer #2: This list is meant to evaluate the champions that we believe are best for climbing Solo Queue. Although there can certainly be some overlap, we are NOT looking to name the champions that are the best in pro-play or organized, competitive 5 on 5. This is why champs that require a ton of team coordination such as Ryze, may not be included or ranked highly.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 11.2 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord! If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation.