We’ve launched the new Live Companion! Try it for free today by hitting the button below.
Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 10.22!
For those of you who are in a rush or already in champion select, here is a list of the strongest champions for every role in Patch 10.22.
Seraphine launched this patch as well! If you’re looking for her, we don’t place new champions until the patch after so in the meantime, check out our guides:
LoL Tier List 10.22
Click the icons for champion builds, counters, and more!
For everybody else, we have prepared much more:
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
Now that you know the best champions for LoL, get the best champions for Teamfight Tactics with our new TFT tier list!
This list was curated in collaboration with our League Experts: Adam ‘Moriarty’ Isles, Dan ‘Aux’ Harrison and Phy, and our Role Specialists: Shikari, Only, Command Attack, and Yen. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
- Our first tier list aimed at lower elo, specifically gold elo and the surrounding brackets. These picks are effective when utilized in lower ranks and are the best tools for helping you to climb the SoloQ ladder as far as Diamond.
- Our second tier list is for high elo, aimed at Diamond 2 and above. These picks are curated by our experts and are an indicator of the champions inherent strength when played at the highest level. For a lot of the user base this information isn’t super relevant for their games but provides invaluable insight into the game itself.
- We made the decision to return to two tier lists after heavily reviewing the feedback from our users. Ultimately we agreed that a general tier list aimed at Plat+ wouldn’t serve a majority of the playbase and we had missed the mark.
- Our difficulty system relies on “Skill Floor”, meaning that a Simple champion will yield results faster (around 5-10 games of learning)
- If a champion has a higher skill floor (Hard or Severe), it will take more time to learn them (20-50 games +) but you will be rewarded with better results over time whereas a Simple champion may fall off as you climb higher.
For a more in-depth explanation for our methodology, head to the bottom of the article.
If you’re following our tier list, we know that you want to climb as fast and efficiently as possible. Sign up for our platform to use the best improvement tools for League of Legends!
NOTE: Our tier list will be accurate when we publish at the beginning of the patch but are constantly updated by our experts. If you visit in between patch releases, be sure to check our official website’s LoL Tier List feature for the most up-to-date info.
General LoL Tier List for Patch 10.22
Top Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Fiora, Shen, Darius, Urgot, Jax, Malphite
- Great (A-tier) = Riven, Rengar, Camille, Kled, Singed, Yorick, Mordekaiser, Renekton, Kayle, Lulu, Teemo, Wukong, Quinn, Garen, Maokai
- Good (B-tier) = Akali, Gnar, Irelia, Aatrox, Vladimir, Ornn, Illaoi, Poppy, Sett, Udyr, Dr. Mundo, Sion, Cho’Gath, Volibear, Tryndamere, Nasus
Jungle Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Ekko, Kha’Zix, Kayn, Hecarim, Nunu + Willump, Rammus
- Great (A-tier) = Graves, Shaco, Elise, Evelynn, Rek’Sai, Fiddlesticks, Lillia, Zac, Shyvana, Master Yi, Vi, Warwick, Udyr
- Good (B-tier) = Lee Sin, Rengar, Ivern, Kindred, Karthus, Skarner, Olaf, Jarvan IV, Sejuani, Xin Zhao, Amumu, Volibear, Nocturne, Trundle, Brand
Mid Lane Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Yasuo, Zed, Yone, Talon, Galio, Diana, Annie
- Great (A-tier) = Akali, Pyke, Zoe, Katarina, Orianna, Vladimir, Ekko, Syndra, Cassiopeia, Lucian, Kassadin, Fizz, Ahri, Malzahar, Nocturne, Neeko
- Good (B-tier) = Leblanc, Irelia, Sylas, Twisted Fate, Anivia, Vel’Koz, Pantheon, Swain, Nunu + Willump, Veigar, Nunu + Willump, Malphite, Lux, Brand
ADC Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Samira, Caitlyn, Jhin, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Jinx
- Great (A-tier) = Draven, Ezreal, Kai’Sa, Vayne, Karthus, Swain, Twitch, Senna, Ziggs, Veigar
- Good (B-tier) = Kalista, Aphelios, Yasuo, Cassiopeia, Lucian, Kog’Maw, Heimerdinger, Varus, Xayah, Sivir, Tristana
Support Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Thresh, Bard, Lulu, Blitzcrank, Leona, Soraka, Lux, Janna, Brand
- Great (A-tier) = Pyke, Rakan, Zilean, Taric, Alistar, Pantheon, Nami, Zyra, Nautilus, Sona, Morgana, Maokai, Annie
- Good (B-tier) = Xerath, Vel’Koz, Shaco, Galio, Braum, Swain, Shen, Senna, Yuumi, Karma,
Expert pick commentary
To see all the explanations for our expert picks and more, head to our tier list feature!
- Urgot thrives in top lane as he can massacre melee champions with his kit.
- Not only is he capable of destroying those matchups but he can hold his own reasonably well in ranged matchups as he’s got a much easier time farming than your typical melee top laner.
- In team fights his AoE fear can solo carry and the execute on his ult is great for helping to dispatch high-value targets.
- Overall, Urgot thrives in the mix of things and right now he’s performing super well.
- It wouldn’t be Halloween without us highlighting Fiddlesticks?
- His ultimate does huge damage and is incredibly hard to play against without strong vision control.
- His clear is healthy thanks to his drain and he makes facechecking a nightmare.
- This champion is so good at stomping at lower elo and if he gets fed, it’s game over.
Brand (Command Attack)
- Brand received some changes to make his E always spread onto nearby enemies and his R now bounces off himself as well.
- These changes are huge for allowing Brand to be less reliant on fighting near minion waves and also make his wave clear far better.
- He’s looking to be in a really solid spot as a result of these changes and we’ll likely see him cropping up a fair amount.
- Ashe’s range and wave control make her a menace in the botlane.
- Combine that with the utility available in her ultimate and E and it’s hard to see a scenario where she isn’t useful.
- If she’s fed she’ll decimate fights when her Q is active as well.
- Ashe is holding up really well in the meta and if she’s given any space she can shred.
- The changes to Annie’s shield allows her to make her return to the support role.
- She has high base damage, CC, a huge auto range, and can now cast a shield on her allies to dissuade opponents from going aggressive on her carry.
- Maxing E is definitely the way to go with how much you gain from each point in it.
- A more utility build is looking to be better than full AP as well. Jump on the hype train early and grab some easy LP.
High-ELO LoL Tier List for Patch 10.22
Best High-ELO Top Champions for 10.22:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Camille, Fiora, Shen, Lulu Jax, Malphite
- Great (A-tier) = Riven, Rengar, Irelia, Lucian, Darius, Urgot, Renekton, Poppy, Sett, Maokai, Wukong, Quinn, Volibear
- Good (B-tier) = Gnar, Ryze, Akali, Jayce, Vladimir, Kled, Ornn, Aatrox, Singed, Kayle, Poppy, Mordekaiser, Garen, Sion, Teemo, Tryndamere
Best High-ELO Jungle Champions for 10.22:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Kha’Zix, Lillia, Graves, Karthus, Kayn, Hecarim, Nunu & Willump
- Great (A-tier) = Nidalee, Rengar, Lee Sin, Evelynn, Rek’Sai, Elise, Ekko, Fiddlesticks, Skarner
- Good (B-tier) = Shaco, Kindred, Vi, Ivern, Gragas, Zac, Jarvan IV, Olaf, Shyvana, Xin Zhao, Volibear
Best High-ELO Mid Lane Champions for 10.22:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Yone, Lucian, Talon, Orianna, Galio
- Great (A-tier) = Zoe, Katarina, Zed, Qiyana, Sylas, Leblanc, Akali Syndra, Cassiopeia, Twisted Fate, Vladimir, Kassadin, Lulu, Fizz, Annie
- Good (B-tier) = Aurelion Sol, Ryze, Irelia, Camille, Rumble, Zilean, Pantheon, Ahri, Pyke, Corki, Lulu, Malphite, Diana, Karma
Best High-ELO ADC Champions for 10.22:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Samira, Jhin, Caitlyn, Karthus, Ashe
- Great (A-tier) = Draven, Ezreal, Aphelios, Vayne, Cassiopeia, Swain, Twitch, Senna, Miss Fortune, Veigar, Jinx
- Good (B-tier) = Yasuo, Kalista, Kai’Sa, Lucian, Kog’Maw, Heimerdinger, Varus, Xayah, Sivir, Tristana, Ziggs
Best High-ELO Support Champions for 10.22:
- Optimal (S-tier) = Thresh, Bard, Rakan, Lulu, Pantheon, Janna, Leona
- Great (A-tier) = Taric, Alistar, Braum, Blitzcrank, Soraka, Nautilus, Morgana, Maokai, Lux
- Good (B-tier) = Pyke, Xerath, Vel’Koz, Zilean, Senna, Galio, Swain, Sett, Zyra, Karma, Nami, Sona, Yuumi, Annie
Format and Methodology
Our difficulty ratings focus on how long it would take to start seeing a champion’s power level on our list in terms of the number of games invested.
Let’s say you’re debating between learning and climbing with Jax (A-tier | Simple) or Rengar (A-tier | Severe) – you’re going to want to go with Jax. Why? This is because Jax has a lower skill floor and would require less games to play at an A-Tier level in solo queue. If you tried to pick up Rengar, you wouldn’t get the full value of A-tier until after about 15 matches of practice whereas with Jax, you would get that full 15 every time you play him.
Another example would be between Nidalee (S-tier | Intense) vs Xin Zhao (B-Tier | Simple). Let’s say you’re about to play your last match before promos and you get auto-filled to Jungle (a role you’re not too familiar with). Even though he’s lower on the list, you’d be better off choosing Xin because you don’t have the required number of games to break the skill floor of Nidalee.
Higher skill floor champions will scale better with time investment – Severe champs will outperform Simple champs in the long run because Simple champs generally have their weaknesses exposed the higher you climb.
So if your question is, “How long until I’ll start seeing results?”, the answer would be harder = longer time, easier = shorter time. If your question is. “Will this champion still be strong as I climb in ranks?”, the answer would be harder = moreso, easier = less so.
Disclaimer #1: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Disclaimer #2: This list is meant to evaluate the champions that we believe are best for climbing Solo Queue. Although there can certainly be some overlap, we are NOT looking to name the champions that are the best in pro-play or organized, competitive 5 on 5. This is why champs that require a ton of team coordination such as Ryze, may not be included or ranked highly.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 10.22 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord! If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation.