Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 9.10!
This list was curated in collaboration with our analyst, Hewitt “prohibit” Benson, our Challenger Coach, Adam “Morïarty” Isles, and Will “Picklepants” Burton. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
For those of you who are in a rush or already in champion select, here is a list of the strongest champions for every role in Patch 9.10.
LoL Tier List 9.10
For everybody else, we have prepared much more:
If you have any questions about our choices or process, ask us on Discord!
The Format and Methodology
- We have two tier lists, one for the majority of player base and one for high ELO. There are many smart people who have good thoughts on what’s strong, but our tier list is specifically focused on helping you progress in your rank now.
- The lines between these lists are not black and white, we recommend using the Majority-ELO list until it around Diamond where switching to High-ELO becomes more effective. We also recommend using the Majority ELO tier list to play your off role!
- Our difficulty system relies on “Skill Floor”, meaning that a Simple champion will yield results faster (around 5-10 games of learning)
- If a champion has a higher skill floor (Hard or Severe), it will take more time to learn them (20-50 games +) but you will be rewarded with better results over time whereas a Simple champion may fall off as you climb higher.
If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation!
To improve the accuracy, usefulness, and understanding of our Tier List, we’ve decided to split it into two lists – one for the wide majority of the player base, and another intended for high elo. The goal of our list is to give the best recommendations for what we think will help you best climb in solo queue. Previously, our placements could often conflict with what players saw in a Challenger player’s stream or in pro-play. Often times, a champ could be very strong in a high-skilled players hands but we didn’t feel right endorsing the champ for a lower-skill player to pick up. Having two lists will allow us to make better and more relevant judgments across the spectrum.
We’ll also be changing our difficulty rating system from Learning Curve to “Skill Floor”. After receiving feedback from the community, we realized that some were associating Learning Curve with including the full potential (Skill Ceiling) of a champion. We want to avoid that for the general list and want the definition to lean more towards how long it would take to start seeing a champion’s power level on our list in terms of the number of games invested.
Let’s say you’re debating between learning and climbing with Jax (A-tier | Simple) or Rengar (A-tier | Severe) – you’re going to want to go with Jax. Why? This is because Jax has a lower skill floor and would require less games to play at an A-Tier level in solo queue. If you tried to pick up Rengar, you wouldn’t get the full value of A-tier until after about 15 matches of practice whereas with Jax, you would get that full 15 everytime you play him.
Another example would be between Nidalee (S-tier | Intense) vs Xin Zhao (B-Tier | Simple). Let’s say you’re about to play your last match before promos and you get auto-filled to Jungle (a role you’re not too familiar with). Even though he’s lower on the list, you’d be better off choosing Xin because you don’t have the required number of games to break the skill floor of Nidalee.
Higher skill floor champions will scale better with time investment – Severe champs will outperform Simple champs in the long run because Simple champs generally have their weaknesses exposed the higher you climb.
So if your question is, “How long until I’ll start seeing results?”, the answer would be harder = longer time, easier = shorter time. If your question is. “Will this champion still be strong as I climb in ranks?”, the answer would be harder = moreso, easier = less so.
Disclaimer #1: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Disclaimer #2: This list is meant to evaluate the champions that we believe are best for climbing Solo Queue. Although there can certainly be some overlap, we are NOT looking to name the champions that are the best in pro-play or organized, competitive 5 on 5. This is why champs that require a ton of team coordination such as Ryze, may not be included or ranked highly.
If you’re following our tier list, we know that you want to climb as fast and efficiently as possible. Sign up for our platform to use the best improvement tools for League of Legends!
General LoL Tier List for Patch 9.10
Welcome to 9.10, the Yuumi Patch!
Top Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier): Urgot, Yorick, Nasus, Garen
- Great (A-tier): Yasuo, Aatrox, Tahm Kench, Kled, Singed, Kayle, Teemo, Illaoi, Darius, Jax, Volibear
- Good (B-tier): Riven, Ornn, Rumble, Shen, Renekton, Kennen, Neeko, Dr. Mundo, Sion, Tryndamere, Malphite, Maokai
Jungle Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier): Nunu + Willump, Jax, Master Yi, Vi, Amumu, Rammus
- Great (A-tier): Elise, Karthus, Kayn, Sejuani, Jarvan IV, Shyvana, Hecarim, Udyr
- Good (B-tier): Lee Sin, Kindred, Shaco, Kha’Zix, Evelynn, Graves, Xin Zhao, Skarner, Warwick, Nocturne, Trundle, Zac
Mid Lane Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier): Morgana, Vel’Koz, Ahri, Neeko (Adam), Lux, Malzahar
- Great (A-tier): Zed, Yasuo, Anivia, Rumble, Xerath, Fizz, Taric, Zilean, Veigar
- Good (B-tier): Katarina, Karthus, Talon, Orianna, Ekko, Vladimir, Twisted Fate, Corki, Diana, Annie, Wukong, Ziggs
ADC Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier): Draven, Sivir, Ashe, Jinx
- Great (A-tier): Yasuo, Ezreal, Vayne, Twitch, Jhin (Hewitt), Caitlyn, Sona/Taric, Miss Fortune
- Good (B-tier): Lucian, Kai’Sa, Varus, Mordekaiser, Xayah, Kog’Maw, Tristana, Veigar
Support Tier List:
- Optimal (S-tier): Nami, Taric, Morgana, Nautilus (Will), Sona
- Great (A-tier): Thresh, Xerath, Janna, Vel’Koz, Zilean, Lux, Soraka, Zyra, Brand
- Good (B-tier): Rakan, Bard, Pyke, Lulu, Alistar, Tahm Kench, Fiddlesticks, Blitzcrank, Leona
Neeko – Mid (Adam – “Moriarty”)
“Neeko Mid lane has become more and more popular in solo queue thanks to the Glacial Augment + Hextech-GLP + Twin Shadows combo which seemingly can make any champ who uses it broken atm.
She, in particular, uses this combo well due to her passive, allowing her to really catch people off guard when the powerful Glacial Augment slows will come out for an easy follow with her E Q burst combo.
One of my favorite tricks with her that I’ve used even in Challenger is to run TP on her. TP flank the enemy team from a brush, disguised as my own top laner so they think it’s them who TP’d in, then when you flank, they will try to turn on you thinking you’re the top laner which equals a very easy multi-man stun with your ult.
Try her out yourself and if you find any cool mind games like this let me know in the comment section so I can steal them for myself.”
Jhin – ADC (Hewitt – “prohibit”)
“Jhin has a new build that has been rising in popularity recently: triple Infinity Edge. By amassing attack damage and crit chance, Jhin gets early access to an incredible amount of damage and snowballing potential.
With the new Essence Reaver buffs, I prefer 2x Infinity Edge + 1x Essence Reaver for slightly less AD but much more utility from the extra CDR and mana.“
Nautilus – Support (Will – “Picklepants”)
“Nautilus has been a high priority pick ever since he received his buff a few patches back. If you haven’t tried naughty Nautilus yet, I would highly advise him to any new and upcoming Supports.
He is great into squishy Supports or champions who like to poke as they usually overextend when trying to poke you down.
If you come across Yuumi anytime soon while playing Nautilus, don’t bother trying to lock her down as she can easily escape by anchoring to the ADC. Focus the ADC down first!“
Zoe – High-ELO Mid (Pekin Woof )
“Zoe has flown under the radar since the nerf a few patches ago but is still very strong. Similar to some of the other strong picks she has good waveclear, strong pick, and very good scaling.
Your main goal should be to mainly fight around objectives with your team getting good sleepy trouble bubbles from the fog of war to chunk the enemy before a fight even happens.
I would recommend Electrocute – Taste of Blood – Eyeball collection – Ravenous Hunter. Manaflow Band + Transcendence“
Aatrox – High-ELO Mid (Midbeast)
“My pick of the patch is Aatrox mid on 9.10. It’s really underrated mid right now especially after the hotfixes they gave on the last patch.
My ideal set up right now after the Conquerer nerfs on 9.10 is an Electrocute set-up, this allows for strong early lvl 2 and 3 trades which can lead to solo kills and massive lane advantages.
The build path early game you want to go for Black Cleaver into Deathdance to try to get 30% CDR where your Q is almost never on cooldown. This allows you to shove in traditional mages right now, allowing you to roam freely or simply take jungle camps leading to massive XP and CS leads.
High-ELO LoL Tier List for Patch 9.10
Best High-ELO Top Champions for 9.10:
- Optimal (S-tier): Akali, Jayce, Irelia, Sylas, Jax
- Great (A-tier): Gangplank, Ryze, Riven, Aatrox, Tahm Kench, Kled, Vladimir, Singed, Darius, Teemo, Illaoi
- Good (B-tier): Fiora, Camille, Ornn, Rumble, Shen, Urgot, Renekton, Kennen, Kayle, Neeko, Pantheon, Poppy
Best High-ELO Jungle Champions for 9.10:
- Optimal (S-tier): Rengar, Nunu + Willump, Kha’Zix
- Great (A-tier): Elise, Nidalee, Lee Sin, Ivern, Kindred, Rek’Sai, Evelynn, Karthus, Sejuani, Master Yi, Kayn, Vi
- Good (B-tier): Shaco, Aatrox, Taliyah, Graves, Xin Zhao, Zac, Amumu, Rammus, Udyr, Hecarim, Jarvan IV
Best High-ELO Mid Lane Champions for 9.10:
- Optimal (S-tier): Akali, Talon, Taliyah, Sylas, Ahri
- Great (A-tier): Katarina, Zed, Zoe, LeBlanc, Cassiopeia, Irelia, Ryze, Aatrox, Ekko, Vel’Koz, Zilean, Malzahar
- Good (B-tier): Yasuo, Syndra, Azir, Xerath, Orianna, Vladimir, Twisted Fate, Corki, Neeko, Morgana, Fizz, Lux
Best High-ELO ADC Champions for 9.10
- Optimal (S-tier): Draven, Ezreal, Jinx
- Great (A-tier): Kai’Sa Vayne, Twitch, Ashe, Sivir, Caitlyn, Jhin, Sona/Taric, Miss Fortune, Tristana
- Good (B-tier): Kalista, Yasuo, Lucian, Xayah, Kog’Maw, Varus
Best High-ELO Support Champions for 9.10:
- Optimal (S-tier): Thresh, Nami, Sona, Nautilus
- Great (A-tier): Rakan, Bard, Janna, Zilean, Taric, Lux, Soraka
- Good (B-tier): Pyke, Alistar, Tahm Kench, Lulu, Vel’Koz, Braum, Galio, Fiddlesticks, Blitzcrank, Morgana, Zyra, Leona
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 9.10 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord! If you’re wondering how we make our tier list, check out our video explanation.