League of Legends 11.12 Patch Notes Breakdown
In this patch breakdown, we’ll analyze the most impactful changes for the 11.12 League of Legends patch update.
We’ll discuss the buffs, nerfs, and adjustments regarding champions, items, and Summoner’s Rift itself to understand the patch’s effect on the meta for all roles.
We recommend following along with the official 11.12 patch notes since we won’t be listing all the specific stat changes, but rather, focusing on the impact of the changes and the champions updated place in the current meta.
If you’re wondering how these changes will affect the meta, check out our LoL champion tier list!
Buffs, nerfs, and adjustments
Dr Mundo Rework!
Mundo was reworked! Here are his new abilities!
Passive: Goes Where He Pleases
- Periodically, Mundo gains immunity to an immobilizing effect. Upon resisting one, he loses 7% of his current health and drops a canister. If he picks up this canister, he heals himself for 8% of his maximum health and reduces his Passive’s cooldown. If an enemy walks over it- it is destroyed.
Q: Infected Bonesaw
- Dr. Mundo throws his Bonesaw in a target direction, dealing damage and slowing the target. If the target is a champion, he heals himself for 100% of the cost. If it hits something that isn’t a champion like a minion or monster, it refunds 50% of the cost.
W: Heart Zapper
- Mundo deals damage to nearby enemies while charging a defibrillator. When he reactivates this ability, he detonates the defibrillator and heals himself for 100% of the damage stored if he hits an enemy with it. If he doesn’t hit an enemy, he heals for 50%.
E: Blunt Force Trauma
- Passive: Mundo gains bonus AD, plus additional AD depending on his missing health.
- When he activates this ability, he empowers his next ability, gaining range and dealing additional damage. If he kills the target, the corpse is flung in a line, dealing damage to all enemies it passes through. This ability remains an auto-attack reset.
Ultimate: Maximum Dosage
- Mundo heals himself for a percentage of his missing health while gaining additional damage and movement speed.
If you want to learn how to play as Dr Mundo, check out our How to Play Dr Mundo guide!
If you need to know how to play against him, check out this Counter Dr Mundo guide!
- Aphelios’ base stats, including his magic resist and AD growth have been increased.
- For Cresecendum, the sentry damage is increased.
- For Severum, the number of attacks is up, the on-hit damage is up, and the healing has changed too.
- Riot has noted this is an overall buff for him. I think this buff is somewhat justified as he loses to a lot of the higher priority ADC picks right now like Kog, MF and Ashe.
- Draven’s Q bonus damage is increased.
- His trades with the enemy will be much better from here on out as long as you can pick up the Axes.
- Gnar’s attack damage is decreased. Not much to say here, but his damage output will be slightly down.
- Hecarim’s base armor is up. This will help him in the jungle and in fights with the enemy.
- The damage ratio on his Q is up. This buff will also help him in the jungle and in skirmishes.
- Mana growth on Illaoi is up.
- Not much to say about this: it is going to be helpful!
Jarvan IV (buff)
- J4’s W cooldown has been decreased. This will be very helpful in extended skirmishes and team fights as he will use his W twice.
- Q cooldown is up in the early game. This will impact early game trading, but at level 9, it will be back to its normal cooldown.
- Malphite’s W on hit damage is up. His trading and skirmishing power will be up!
- Rammus’s base bonus armor is up. He will be tankier overall.
- The cooldown on his Ultimate is decreased. He will be able to go for more plays around his Ultimate.
- Overall a good buff for Rammus.
- The life steal Nasus gets from his Passive is down.
- This is impactful as he will have less sustain overall.
- Renekton’s Q healing against non-champions is decreased.
- He will get less sustain when using his Q on the minion wave. This affects both his empowered and normal Q.
- Talon’s W initial damage (the damage dealt when his W goes towards the enemy) is down.
- But, the return damage is increased.
- We will see how this change affects him. His W will still do a lot of damage overall.
- Udyr’s Ultimate damage is decreased. This only affects the cone damage. This is a significant nerf as he max’s R first.
- Varus’ W bonus damage is decreased. This will mean his W will deal less damage overall and he will be slightly weaker with this nerf.
- Wukong’s base damage growth is decreased slightly. He will have less damage overall.
- His Q damage ratio is also decreased. His 1v1 skirmishing power will definitely be down with these nerfs.
- Zigg’s Q damage is increased in the later ranks. This is a good buff as Ziggs maxes this ability first.
- Missile speed (the speed of his R) has been increased. This will make it harder for the enemy to dodge this ability.
Thank you for reading, we hope you enjoyed this patch breakdown. How do you feel about this patch? Let us know in the comments. As always, if you have any questions, find us in our Discord!
If you have any questions or want to learn more, check out PicklePants’s stream.