In this patch breakdown, we’ll analyze the most impactful changes for the 11.2 League of Legends patch update. We’ll discuss the buffs, nerfs, and adjustments regarding champions, items, and Summoner’s Rift itself to understand the patch’s effect on the meta for all roles.
We recommend following along with the official 11.2 patch notes since we won’t be listing all the specific stat changes, but rather, focusing on the impact of the changes and the champions updated place in the current meta.
Buffs, nerfs, and adjustments
Viego (new champion)
- We’ve created a full guide to teach you how to play Viego during his launch week, check it out to see all of his abilities and how he works.
- Akali’s Q energy cost has increased in the later ranks.
- This will be impactful during the laning phase as it is the first ability she max.
- Azir’s Q cooldown has decreased at all ranks.
- This is a helpful change to Azir and will increase his ability to poke during the laning phase.
- Caitlyn’s base AD growth has increased slightly.
- The bonus is nice and will give her a lot of free damage in the late game.
- This change is going to help her at all stages of the game.
- The amount of bonus attack damage Hemorrhage provides Darius is reduced at all stages of the game. His skirmishing power will receive a knock.
Dr. Mundo (buff)
- Dr Mundo’s Q will refund more health if he hits a target. If he kills the target, he is refunded 100% of the cost, and 50% of the cost if he hits a target.
- Masochism (Dr Mundo’s E) now deals more maximum health damage at all ranks.
- Finally, the amount of maximum health he gets once activating his Ultimate has been increased.
- Elise’s spider for Q will deal less damage in the later ranks.
- She will be less strong in a 1v1, but only slightly.
- Ivern’s E shield ratio has been decreased. His shields will be less effective overall.
- Leblanc’s base health growth has increased.
- The mana cost of Leblanc’s Q has decreased by 20 mana. This will be helpful in various ways, such as helping her secure minions under tower a bit easier.
- The mana cost of Maokai’s E has been increased at the later ranks.
- The damage ratio on Maokai’s E has also been reduced per 100 AP.
- These changes are aimed at Maokai Support but will have effects on all roles.
- Nocturne’s Q cooldown has been reduced by 2 seconds. This is going to be a good change for him as it will allow him to use his Q more often.
- The cooldown of Nocturne’s Ultimate has also been reduced. This is going to make him a bigger threat in the mid-game.
Nunu and Willump (nerf)
- Nunu’s base movement speed and health stats have both been reduced.
- This is going to make him slightly squishier overall.
- Aatrox’s E self-healing is increased while his Ultimate is active.
- For his Ultimate, the self-healing has been reduced.
- Olaf’s W life steal has been increased. This means he will have more sustain while clearing the jungle.
- However, the healing amplification has been reduced on his W.
- Senna’s attack speed ratio has ever so slightly increased.
- The non-kill mist wraith drop chance of drop has increased. This is going to benefit both Support and ADC Senna. The gold has increased from the mist drop too.
- Senna’s Q has also received a buff. The healing and damage ratio’s have been increased.
- Shaco’s Passive damage has increased. You will only get this bonus if you backstab the enemy (attack them from behind).
- The total heal from landing Soraka’s Q has increased in the later ranks. She will get more sustain after landing this ability which will help her in team fights.
- Soraka’s heal from her W will be stronger as the heal and healing ratio have both increased. This is going to provide her and her allies with much stronger sustain especially in team fights.
- Trundle’s Q bonus damage ratio has been increased. It is a good change for him and will make his clear stronger and also improve his skirmishing power.
- His W now offers him more attack speed. This is good for Trundle as it increases his clearing speed and his 1v1 potential.
- The cooldown of his Ultimate has been reduced at all ranks. This is going to allow him to look for picks more frequently.
- Varus’ base mana growth has increased too. His mana pool will be slightly bigger overall.
- The items Zoe can pick up from her Spell Thief has changed. She no longer can get Redemption but she can get Randuin’s Omen, Locket of the Iron Solari, Turbo Chemtank, Shurelya’s Battlesong, Youmuu’s Ghostblade, Goredrinker, Stridebreaker, and Prowler’s Claw.
- This will be impactful as there will be a variety of different item drops she can pick up.
- Spellblade mana restoration has changed from 3% maximum mana to 40% of mana from damage dealt by Spellblade. Basically, after attacking an enemy after using an ability, you will gain more mana back.
- Galeforce cooldown has increased dramatically. This is a good change because this item was running rampant on so many champions. Thanks, Riot.
- The bonus movement speed on Rocketbelt has been reduced. It gives less movement speed, and the time you get this speed boost is lowered.
- This change is intended to “move the item out of the hands of solo laners”.
- Instead of being applied when an ally consumes the mark, it is applied with the initial application of a slow/immobilization.
- Kraken Slayer will be weaker on champions with high modifiers such as Aphelios, Katarina, and Urgot.
- Battlesong now gives less health and no longer grants 5% movement speed. Instead, it grants AP and improves the champion’s base mana regeneration.
- The build path has changed for Shurelya’s Battlesong.
- The amount of bonus armor and magic resistance Gargoyle Stoneplate could provide has increased base and max bonus stats.
- Riot has lowered the cost of some Lethality items. As a result, the other stats these items provide have been toned down.
Marksman Legendary items
- In patch 11.2 Riot have adjusted some stats to Phantom Dancer so they give more attack speed.
Tank Mythic Items
- Riot’s intention with the tank mythic item changes is to offer more diversity to other items over Sunfire Aegis which was a very popular item. These changes could provide more versatility for some tanks in the top lane like Dr. Mundo, Cho’Gath, or Malphite.
Thank you for reading, we hope you enjoyed this patch breakdown. How do you feel about this patch? Let us know in the comments. As always, if you have any questions, find us in our Discord!
If you have any questions or want to learn more, check out PicklePants’s stream.