League of Legends 11.18 Patch Notes Breakdown
In this patch breakdown, we’ll analyze the most impactful changes for the 11.18 League of Legends patch update.
We’ll discuss the buffs, nerfs, and adjustments regarding champions, items, and Summoner’s Rift itself to understand the patch’s effect on the meta for all roles.
We recommend following along with the official 11.18 patch notes since we won’t be listing all the specific stat changes, but rather, focusing on the impact of the changes and the champions updated place in the current meta.
If you’re wondering how these changes will affect the meta, check out our LoL champion tier list!
Buffs, nerfs, and adjustments
- Aphelios’ base attack damage has been reduced slightly.
- It will affect their ability to last hit and deal damage to targets.
- Ashe’s W cooldown is increased in the early ranks. This will impact her poke and wave clear in the very early game.
- Camille’s Passive cooldown is increased in the early and mid-game.
- Draven’s ultimate will now execute targets if they have less health than his current Passive stacks. This is a good buff for him and it will make it slightly easier for him to get kills and cash out when he has a ton of stacks.
Dr. Mundo (buff)
- Dr Mundo’s Ultimate now grants him bonus health. It also heals a different amount of health in the later ranks.
- We will see how impactful this change is to Dr Mundo: you never know, it might be great!
- Fizz’s Passive and W have both been buffed, however, his Ultimate damage has been reduced.
- On hit Fizz could potentially make a return?!
- Gangplanks health and health growth are increased.
- His very early game will be much safer from here on out.
- Jayce’s bonus movement speed when he changes forms is gone down abit.
- Jinx’s rockets mana cost in the early ranks is down. This is a good buff for her and will make her better at trading during the early game.
- Kai’Sa’s E cooldown is reduced in the later ranks.
- This buff increases her mobility in the mid and late game.
- The knockup duration on her Ultimate at rank 1 is reduced. This will reduce her kill pressure in the early game.
- Karma’s base armor is up. This will be helpful in every lane and will protect her from incoming AD damage.
- Her E shield is also increased. This will also benefit her in the top, mid, ADC, and support role.
- Kog’s AP scaling on his E is increased. This offers him some additional flexibility with his AP build, but also buffs the AD Kog’Maw because of his current build.
Lee Sin (nerf)
- Lee Sin’s base attack damage is down.
- Her health regeneration and health regeneration growth are both down. Her Q and E cooldowns are changed too. Healing against large monsters is increased to compensate for the regen nerfs.
- This change is aimed at reducing Lillia tops strengths will making her a stronger jungler.
Miss Fortune (buff)
- Miss Fortune’s Ultimate now has 2 additional waves at each rank!
- Her E cooldown is decreased. This offers her and her ADC more survivability throughout the laning phase. During the mid and late game, this buff will also come in handy.
- Qiyana’s base attack speed and health regeneration are both changed.
- Her Q damage against monsters is increased.
- E base damage is decreased at all ranks.
- Renekton’s W stun duration is decreased. It will make him weaker in a 1v1 setting if Renekton decides to use his empowered W.
- Rumble’s Passive attack speed is decreased early, and now scales with level. It is weaker early, but stronger late.
- His W cooldown is decreased and no longer scales.
- This is an interesting change- can’t wait to see how it turns out.
- Singed’s Ultimate now applies grievous wounds to targets inside his Ultimate.
- Soraka’s Ultimate now clears grievous wounds on allies before she heals them.
- Honestly, this is a really good buff to Soraka and will make her a very strong Support.
- Casting Taliyah’s Q on worked ground now refunds some of its cooldown. Worked Ground radius and the duration of worked ground are both down.
- Good buff for Taliyah overall and will help her in the mid and jungle roles.
- Talon’s Q damage is decreased in the later ranks.
- His W now deals bonus damage against monsters.
- This change is intended to move Talon into the jungle role.
- Thresh’s movement speed is reduced.
- The E passive damage is decreased in the early game, but the bonus damage per soul is increased.
- This is overall a nerf to Thresh because he will deal less damage overall and be slower.
- The change to his soul is pretty redundant and not game-changing.
- Trundle’s E slow is decreased.
- This change will make him weaker in all 3 of his roles.
- Twitch’s Ultimate now gives more bonus attack damage.
- This buff will help both AD and AP Twitch.
- Urgot’s Q cooldown and mana cost are both down.
- This is a good buff to Urgot and will help him in melee versus ranged matchups. It will also help him poke the enemy more frequently in lane.
- Varus’s base AD is down.
- Varus’s bonus attack speed now scales.
- Overall this is a nerf to Varus.
- Yone’s W shield per champion hit is increased by 25%. This will be a good buff to Yone and help him in every role he is played in.
- Her Passive cooldown is decreased.
- This is overall a buff to Yuumi, but it requires the player to jump of their ADC!
- Zed’s Passive now deals bonus damage against monsters.
- This will make him better in the jungle role.
- Zoe’s E cooldown is decreased.
- Her pick potential throughout the game will increase with this buff.
- Hydra no longer activates on turrets.
- Hydra no longer activates on turrets
- Cost is down, but so is the lethality.
- Predator’s movement speed ramp up time is down. The maximum movement speed it gives is up!
- Overall, Predator will be stronger on the Worlds patch.
Thank you for reading, we hope you enjoyed this patch breakdown. How do you feel about this patch? Let us know in the comments. As always, if you have any questions, find us in our Discord!
If you have any questions or want to learn more, check out PicklePants’s stream.