In this patch breakdown, we’ll analyze the most impactful changes for the 10.21 League of Legends patch update. We’ll discuss the buffs, nerfs, and adjustments regarding champions, items, and Summoner’s Rift itself to understand the patch’s effect on the meta for all roles.
We recommend following along with the official 10.21patch notes since we won’t be listing all the specific stat changes, but rather, focusing on the impact of the changes and the champions updated place in the current meta.
Buffs, nerfs, and adjustments
- The lethality Aphelios gets from his Passive has been increased throughout all stages of the game.
- Severum (ultimate) healing has increased.
- Gravitum’s (ultimate) rooting effect has been increased.
- Calibrum (ultimate) mark damage has increased.
- Cresendum (ultimate) generates 4 chakrams instead of 3.
- Overall a nice buff to Aphelios’ kit.
- The bonus attack speed she gets from the second part of her E has been reduced.
- This will make her slightly weaker in trades.
- His Q bonus attack damage ration has been increased from 0.50 to 0.70. This will make his Q stronger and allow him to poke and clear waves much more effectively.
- The armor Graves gets from his E has been reduced overall.
- This will make him less tanky and reduce his skirmishing/dueling power.
- The minimum and maximum damage on his E has been reduced.
- This is going to have an impact on his skirmishing power and also his ability to “assassinate” targets.
- Finally, Karmas getting a buff for once and it just happens she’s getting a skin this patch!!!
- First off, the cooldown on her ultimate has been reduced. This will allow her to use her empowered abilities more often.
- Her Passive has also had some adjustments. Damaging an enemy with an ability now reduces the cooldown of her ultimate more in the late game. However, auto-attacking a champion now only decreases the cooldown by 1 second.
Lee Sin (buffed)
- Lee Sin’s attack damage per level has been increased slightly. He will now be a stronger duelist.
- Her base attack damage has been reduced by 3. This is going to affect her clear and skirmishing power.
- It should make her slightly less oppressive to deal with.
- This nerf is aimed at Pantheon Support, but it will ultimately affect every role.
- The Q damage has been reduced.
- The Q critical damage has been reduced.
- But the damaging ratios on his Q have overall been increased.
Samira (nerfed again…finally)
- Her E cooldown has been increased and the attack speed from her E has also been decreased.
- Overall this will make her less oppressive in all-ins and make it easier for utility champions to lane against her.
- The cooldown on his W has been reduced at later ranks.
- The healing effect has changed and now scales along with his level. Riot has said his healing should now scale smoothly across levels.
- The aura damage from his ultimate has increased at all ranks. This will make his ultimate more effective overall.
Nimbus Cloak (adjusted)
- The extra movement speed effect is now weaker in the early game but stronger in the late game.
- The duration of the extra movement speed has now been reduced.
Thank you for reading, we hope you enjoyed this patch breakdown. How do you feel about this patch? Let us know in the comments. As always, if you have any questions, find us in our Discord!
If you have any questions or want to learn more, check out PicklePants stream.