League of Legends 11.24 Patch Notes Breakdown
In this patch breakdown, we’ll analyze the most impactful changes for the 11.24 League of Legends patch update.
We’ll discuss the buffs, nerfs, and adjustments regarding champions, items, and Summoner’s Rift itself to understand the patch’s effect on the meta for all roles.
We recommend following along with the official 11.24 patch notes since we won’t be listing all the specific stat changes, but rather, focusing on the impact of the changes and the champions updated place in the current meta.
If you’re wondering how these changes will affect the meta, check out our LoL champion tier list!
Buffs, nerfs, and adjustments
- Caitlyn’s Headshot reset is partially restored. This was removed in her previous changes. When Cait targets a target marked by either her W or E, her next auto will be faster than a normal auto-attack.
- Camille’s W damage is reduced at all ranks. This is a big nerf to her especially against tanks.
- Her E cooldown in the later ranks is also reduced. This will impact her mid and late game.
- These changes will make her weaker in the top, mid and jungle roles.
- The amount of XP and gold he gets from Krugs has heavily increased.
- This is a very good buff to Ivern and will help his overall clear.
- Kayle’s Passive wave distance now scales with her bonus attack range. This doesn’t sound like a lot on paper, but from level 11 onwards- it will be quite good.
- This buff is aimed to help her with the Lethal Tempo build.
- Kled and Skaarl’s health calculations are adjusted.
- His W cooldown is reduced at all ranks, which is great for trading in the lane.
- His base stats have changed too, giving him more health at level 18.
- His E’s cooldown is reduced and his damage ratio on his E has increased. These changes will help when trading with the enemy.
- Twitch’s R bolts now scale with his bonus attack range. Like Kayle, this could be a good change for Twitch as it allows his R shots to shoot further.
- This buff is aimed to help him with the Lethal Tempo build.
- Samira’s Ultimate no longer has a mana cost. That’s it.
- Urgot’s Passive and W now scale with his bonus attack range. This is a buff that will help him when he runs Lethal Tempo. Outside of that, it’s not the best change in the world.
- The combined cost of this item is down. This will benefit AP champions who take Tear such as Kassadin.
- The Ultimate cooldown reduction is reduced by 5%. I think this is a good nerf because this item was incredibly strong on this patch.
- Cosmic Drive has received a variety of nerfs. Firstly, it gives less AP. It gives less health too, and the bonus movement speed is also down. It will still be a good item, but it will be less effective.
Crown of the Shattered Queen
- The amount of AP this item gives is reduced.
- Bonus damage that Evershroud provided is down. This is going to make it less impactful, but still a strong item for tanks.
- Frostfire was the best tank mythic around. This nerf is aimed at reducing the damage for melee and ranged champions. It will be impactful on champions like Ornn and Dr Mundo.
- The duration of Conq has increased. It will also give more stacks overall.
- This should hopefully bring this rune back into favour for some champions over the likes of Grasp, Fleet and LT.
- Glacial has been a strong rune lately, with a variety of new champions taking it including Pyke, Thresh and Leona. This nerf is aimed at reducing the effectiveness for many tank champions.
- Lethal Tempo is so strong for a lot of champions like Yone. This rune is going to be nerfed for melee champions, and buffed for ranged champions.
- Predator’s maximum movement speed is reduced from 60% to 45%. The ramp-up time is also 0.5 slower.
- The Predator rune will still be good, but it will be a little weaker overall.
Thank you for reading, we hope you enjoyed this patch breakdown. How do you feel about this patch? Let us know in the comments. As always, if you have any questions, find us in our Discord!
If you have any questions or want to learn more, check out PicklePants’s stream.