League of Legends 12.9 Patch Notes Breakdown
Welcome to our patch notes breakdown for League of Legends Season 12! Let’s break down all the new changes in LoL coming this week.
We recommend following along with the official 12.9 patch notes since we won’t be listing all the specific stat changes, but rather, focusing on the impact of the changes and the champions updated place in the current meta.
If you’re wondering how these changes will affect the meta, check out our LoL champion tier list!
Buffs, nerfs, and adjustments
- The first champion to receive a rework of this patch is Taliyah. Her base stats have all changed, including her health, armor, mana and mana regeneration.
- For her Passive, the out of combat movement speed is changed for the better, but it is weaker early and stronger late.
- Taliyah’s Q’s overall damage is changed, and the cooldown is reduced while the mana cost is increased. It has some QoL changes and is overall a little different. The Worked Ground has changed too. The visuals are different, and time will tell if it’s better or not. There are some pros and cons to the changes.
- Her W no longer deals damage, the cooldowns and costs are changed, but it’s faster and overall smoother.
- Taliyah’s E damage is changed, has more mines to avoid and lasts longer.
- For her Ultimate, the range is reduced but has a few QoL changes, such as no longer being kicked off the wall when taking damage and dismounting the wall.
- Again, a bunch of changes are coming through. His base stats have all been adjusted.
- His max effectiveness comes into power earlier for his Passive, and the power shift is different. He gets more life steal overall from his Passive.
- For his Q, it now destroys some of the enemy’s armor. The range has changed, the mana cost is down, the cooldowns are up, and the damage is down.
- Olaf’s W now gives him a shield, and it’s an auto-attack reset. Bonus attack speed and cooldown are changed too.
- The final changes are to his Ultimate. Auto-attacks extend the duration of his Ultimate. However, the extra stats, including damage, resistance, and duration, are all down.
- Overall, Olaf’s Ultimate is pretty cool. His Q change is quite sad to see, as I think it will be less spammy. His W change is pretty cool sounding too.
- Ahri’s E cooldown is increased. Her Ultimate cooldown is also increased. This will hurt her in the Mid, ADC and Support roles.
- Braum’s passive cooldown is reduced. It’s a good change as he can look for more picks in the lane.
- E damage reduction is increased at all ranks. His survivability and shield strength is increased.
- Overall, a good few buffs for Braum.
- Q bonus damage is increased, and the W cooldown is reduced. Overall some significant buffs to Hecarim as he is much weaker in his current state.
Master Yi (nerf)
- The bonus attack speed Master Yi gets from his Ultimate is reduced at ranks 11 and 16.
- Her base health is reduced.
- Passive is changed slightly to deal more damage.
- His Q mana costs are significantly up at all ranks, but he gets better mana from it.
- Pyke’s Ultimate cooldown is changed, and it no longer gives additional gold with successful executions.
Renata Glasc (nerf)
- Base armor is reduced, and her Passive damage is also reduced. She’ll be weaker overall in this patch.
- Renektons base stats are improved.
His W damage is increased, but the cooldown is increased earlier on and decreased late game. His Ultimate damage is also increased.
- While the W is on a longer cooldown early, he is benefits from the changes more than anything.
- Bonus damage to monsters with his W is nerfed. This ability will be weaker overall.
- RIP split push zombie one-shot town Thebausffs strat. Direct nerf to zombie Sion.
- Passive AP and armor per soul are increased slightly. He will be slightly stronger overall.
- The shield strength has changed.
- Overall, some nice buffs for Thresh.
- Bonus attack speed on his Passive has been improved. This is a good change for Varus and will help him while trading. Similarly, his W damage has also been enhanced.
- Hullbreakers’ stats have been changed. It’s still a good item for split pushers.
Thank you for reading, we hope you enjoyed this patch breakdown. How do you feel about this patch? Let us know in the comments. As always, if you have any questions, find us in our Discord!
If you have any questions or want to learn more, check out PicklePants’s stream.