5 Champions Who Counter Jinx
Jinx is a fan favourite ADC. She is also one of the more popular ADC’s around in the current meta. With an early lead, Jinx can quickly take over the lane and dominate the game. Because of her strength and popularity, it is good to know how to play against her.
In this guide, we will break down 5 champions that are good into Jinx ADC. If you see Jinx being played by the enemy, try and pick one of these champions to make laning against her easier.
Jinx is a very fun champion to play. If you want to learn how to play Jinx, you should check out Jinx’s champion page. It has tips and tricks to play her, including up to date builds, Runes and tips and tricks.
What champions counter Jinx?
The best champions that counter Jinx are Sivir, Draven, Yasuo, Tristana and Jhin. You can find all the matchup tips we use in this guide on the Mobalytics App. For plus members, you can get specific matchup tips for the champion you’re playing versus the enemy laner at your fingertips while you load into the game. We have tens of thousands of different, highly specific matchups curated by our challenger level players to help you lane against the enemy champion.
1. Jinx vs Sivir
Sivir has good wave clear, good poke and a lot of protection. She can keep the Jinx pushed into her tower while poking her simultaneously with her Q and W. At level 6, Jinx has more kill pressure, but Sivir has a good escape/gap closure.
4 tips to counter Jinx as Sivir
- Save your Spell Shield to get away from her Flame Chompers or Zap! Note that Jinx’s Flame Chompers have a slight delay before they are activated. Walking over them too early will waste your E.
- Although you can Spell Shield the impact damage from Jinx’s Super Mega Death Rocket but the explosion still occurs. Hence it is not optimal to use it to save an ally, leaving you vulnerable to other CC.
- Capitalize on this position of Jinx and her low mobility to set up ganks to ensure kills or to expend enemy Summoner Spells.
- Since Jinx can match your waveclear with her Fishbones, allow the wave to freeze in your favour, i.e. freeze the minion wave near (not at) your Turret.
2. Jinx vs Draven
Draven has one of the strongest laning phase’s of any ADC’s in the right matchup. Draven is a good pick into Jinx because he can constantly abuse her. With his recent buffs, too, he is incredibly strong. Any little lead he can get early will make it very hard for Jinx to get into the game.
4 tips to counter Jinx as Draven
- Since Jinx can match your waveclear with her Fishbones, allow the wave to freeze in your favour i.e. freeze the minion wave near (not at) your Turret.
- Extended trades work heavily in your favour. If she uses her Wor E aggressively, you could look for the all-in. These two abilities are her only form of protection and with them both down; she has nothing to do but run.
- Jinx will look to poke you with her Qwhenever possible. Stand outside of or away from the minion wave, so she has to choose between harassing you with Q or to push the wave.
- Capitalize on this position of Jinx and her low mobility to set-up ganks to ensure kills or to expend enemy Summoner Spells.
3. Jinx vs Yasuo
Jinx has a stronger early game, but once Yasuo has a few levels under his belt, he should beat the Jinx. Jinx suffers from all-in, so if you can get on to her with your E, you can easily win in a 1v1. Also, you can use your Windwall to block her Ultimate!
4 tips to counter Jinx as Yasuo
- Jinx is highly immobile, so you can quickly E to her and kill her as soon as you hit level two. Just aim to hit level two faster.
- Your W is essential in this lane. It can counter all her abilities and auto-attacks so playing around it in a duel is quite crucial.
- Once you hit level six, it should become very easy to all-in Jinx. Just try to poke her down with your tornado before going for a complete all-in.
- Keep the wave in the middle of the lane and use the lane brushes for maximal effectiveness. Landing your tornado from the brushes is far more manageable as Jinx won’t anticipate it.
4. Jinx vs Tristana
Tristana is a very aggressive ADC. When paired with an all-in and aggressive Support such as Alistar or Nautilus, they will have a great time versus Jinx because of their combined pressure. Jinx is pretty squishy too, so you should be able to kill her easily if you can get on top of her.
4 tips to counter Jinx as Tristana
- Your W will also be cancelled mid-jump if you happen to jump through her E. Keep this in mind when playing aggressively.
- Try to stay behind minion to avoid Jinx’s W, while also staying away from minions when Jinx uses her Q to avoid splash damage.
- Jinx will look to poke you with her Q’s superior range in the early level. There is not much you can do besides staying out of range and only moving forward to last hit the minions until you’re slightly stronger.
- Try to freeze the minion wave outside of your Tower if you can, but keep in mind that Jinx will be able to quickly push the wave into your Tower. After your first back, you will want to keep the wave even so you can play aggressively and dive in with your W.
5. Jinx vs Jhin
Jhin is one of the strongest ADC’s in the game. His long-range poke, and insane damage with his fourth shot is something not to be sniffed at. Jinx lacks a dash or escape tool, so she will have a hard time dodging his W and all 4 shots of his Ultimate too.
4 tips to counter Jinx as Jhin
- Jinx lacks mobility so if she’s caught out alone, she’s an easy target for your R.
- If Jinx gets an early kill during laning phase, your goal is to prevent her from further snowballing her lead. If it’s during a team fight, avoid letting her get a reset with her passive.
- Stay away from your minions as she can poke you with her Q rockets and push the wave at the same time. If she uses her rockets to push the wave, use your Q and E to keep the wave away from your tower.
- Getting hit by Jinx’s W will slow you and leave you open to a follow up engage by her teammates. If you’re able to consistently avoid it, you’ll severely limit her trade potential in lane.
When it comes to beating Jinx, you need to play somebody with a lot of all-in power and who can be aggressive. If you can’t be aggressive or if you’re weak, you may find it hard to beat Jinx in the laning phase.
For more tips and tricks, check out Mobalytics!
If you have any questions or want to learn more, check out PicklePants’s stream.