Welcome to our analysis for TFT Patch Notes 11.5!
UPDATED for 11.5
The Set 4.5 has settled into quite a normal meta with many 4 and 3 cost carries being able to carry decently well. The previous balance changes have weeded out the low cost reroll comps, and the meta as a whole is much slower than before.
For patch 11.5, the devs simply want to buff some underused champions while also scaling back the best comps just a bit. There won’t be too many changes since the qualifiers for worlds are coming up soon.
Biggest Changes for Patch 11.5
- Shop Changes: The odds of finding a Chosen 4-cost unit at level 7 has been decreased. This will definitely make the meta slower as there is even less incentive to roll at level 7 than before.
- Keeper and Vanguard Nerfs: Vanguards and Keepers have been rising in popularity last patch, and these nerfs are an attempt to keep them in check before the upcoming tournaments.
There’s a lot to cover as it’s a massive update! As always, you’ll find the info from the patch notes in italics followed by our analysis. Later on, we’ll cover buffs in green, nerfs in red, and reworks/powershifts in yellow.
TFT Debuff Overhaul
- Debuffs of the same type no longer stack together.
- In events where multiple debuffs of the same type occur on the same unit, the strongest will become the priority debuff for its duration.
This shouldn’t affect too much in most games, but this is a nice change going forward. Being able to understand game mechanics fully is crucial to a strategy game such as TFT.
- Level 7 Roll Odds: : 0/40/55/5/0% ⇒ 0/40/58/2/0%
Last patch buffed the odds that you would find a Chosen champion. Because of that, players were finding 4-cost Chosens at level 7 too often. This change should balance out somewhat, but players are now even more incentivized to roll at level 8 if they have a 4-cost carry.
- Keeper Shield Amount: 150/200/275 ⇒ 150/200/250
- This Keeper change may seem small, but it’s still a decent nerf. Every Keeper shields the units around them and the Keepers around them even more. This cuts the shield of your entire team by quite a lot.
Armor: 100/250/500/1000 ⇒ 100/250/500/800
Magic Resist: 20/40/70/100 ⇒ 10/25/50/80
- Vanguards with Neeko carry has also been rising in popularity recently. This nerf should decrease their power just a bit while still keeping them strong.
Tier 1 Champions
- Diana Pale Cascade Shield Amount: 175/250/350 ⇒ 200/300/450
- Even though Diana is no longer a strong reroll carry, this buff is still nice to help her be a strong early game unit. She may come back as a carry with the 3-star buff, but that’s not extremely likely.
- Nasus Wither damage: 350/550/750 ⇒ 350/550/850
- This buff only affects Nasus 3, so it seems they may be trying to buff reroll Nasus just a bit. The meta is quite slow now, so I don’t expect this change to affect much.
- Nidalee Mana: 0/70 ⇒ 0/60
- Ever since the nerf to Nidalee, she has been a somewhat weak early game unit. This buff will help her be a solid early game unit to use.
- Yasuo Striking Steel Attack Damage Ratio: 180/185/190% ⇒ 190/200/210%
- This buff affects Yasuo at all 3 star levels which is great news for Duelist reroll comps. The bad news is that this likely still isn’t enough to make the comp top tier.
Tier 2 Champions
- Lulu Mana: 80/150 ⇒ 75/140
- This buff helps Lulu and the comps she’s in, but it isn’t anything huge.
- Janna Eye of the Storm Shield Amount: 250/300/400 ⇒ 250/275/350
- Chosen Janna has been a very strong unit for a long time, and this nerf brings her back just a little bit.
Tier 3 Champions
- Akali Five Point Strike Damage: 175/250/400 ⇒ 200/275/450
- Ninja Assassin comps have been seeing some more play, and we may see even more with these buffs to Akali.
- Veigar Dark Blossom Damage: 450/600/900 ⇒ 500/650/1000
- This buff definitely helps Veigar as a main carry. It will be interesting to see if this is enough to make him anything more than a synergy bot.
- Sivir On the Hunt Bonus Attack Damage: 100/200/400 ⇒ 100/200/350
- Players have been using Sivir as a main carry for some time now, and this nerf definitely hurts her win condition at 3-stars. Comps may look to instead transfer items over to Samira instead if this nerf proves to be too much.
Tier 4 Champions
- Aurelion Sol with Mage trait activated now casts his 2nd cast 0.1 seconds later
- This change nerfs Aurelion Sol because this means that Trap Claw is a more effective counter to Aurelion Sol than it was before.
- Sejuani Firecracker Stun Duration: 2.5/3/6 ⇒ 2/2.5/8 seconds
- This nerf has been a long time coming. Sejuani has been one of the strongest and most consistent frontline units for a long time. Vanguards like Aatrox and Sejuani are instantly flexed into every frontline compared to other options like Irelia/Shen or Sett/Cho’Gath.
- Morgana: Removed the Magic Resist Shred from her tooltip
- This change doesn’t actually affect Morgana. She didnt shred Magic Resist, so this is simply removing an error in the tooltip.
Tier 5 Champions
- Yone Unforgotten Mana Cost: 20 ⇒ 10
- Compared to other 5-cost units, Yone has been underperforming. This change definitely helps, but it’s unsure if it’s enough to make him a hyper carry like Samira.
- Samira Inferno Trigger
Now deals base physical damage in addition to a percentage of her Attack Damage
Damage: 0/0/0 ⇒ 15/25/40
Attack Damage % scaling: 50/60/80% ⇒ 30/40/60%
- This change makes it so that Deathblade isn’t a god tier item on Samira anymore. This is somewhat surprising as it felt like Samira was still fine with other item options. Even still, this change is likely a positive one as it makes her scaling a bit less strong.
- Statikk Shiv Damage: 60 ⇒ 65
- Even with the Shiv rework, players rarely use it. It can see some play in high level to win streak early, but in most games, you won’t see this item.
- Trap Claw’s missile now travels significantly faster. You heard it here second folks, Trap Claw now counters Aurelion Sol.
- This buff combined with the nerf to Aurelion Sol allows Trap Claw to be a more effective counter.
- Deathblade Starting Stacks: 4 ⇒ 3
- Not only is Samira getting slightly reworked/nerfed, but Deathblade is also being nerfed. This change mostly affects units like Olaf and Samira who use this item very well.
Thanks for reading our TFT patch notes breakdown and meta analysis report for Patch 11.5. See you next time and let us know what you think of this patch in the comments below!