Lost Ark Terminology, Phrases, and Slang (Continually Updated)
Welcome to our terminology guide with terms, phrases, and slang.
This will be constantly updated so check back often
If there’s anything we’re missing or something you want to know more about, let us know in the comments and we’ll add it!
We recommend using Cntrl + F if you’re looking for a specific term or want to navigate quickly.
Sign up for the Lost Ark Mobalytics Open Beta, the all-in-one companion for Lost Ark.
- The Adventurer’s Tome allows you to earn rewards by doing activities such as collecting Mokoko Seeds, viewing Vistas, and exploring new areas
- Rewards include Potions, Cards, and Phoenix Plumes
- A mechanic that allows you to travel to saved points on the map.
- All players can have up to one Bifrost saved but you can unlock more with Crystalline Aura (subscription) or Ignea Tokens (unlocked by getting 100% completion in an area).
- Consumables that are used for combat purposes, such as Bombs, and Potions.
Cards / Card Catalogue
- As you adventure throughout Lost Ark, you’ll accumulate cards in various ways, such as from quests or buying them from Wandering merchants.
- By using certain combinations of cards, you can give your character buffs and bonuses such as defensive protections and increased damage output
- One of the four virtues used in NPC interactions and the Rapport system along with Kindness, Wisdom, and Courage.
- 4-player PvE end game content that provides rewards like Disorder Crystals and Perception Shards.
- Limited to two runs per day
- Consists of fighting three stages of hordes until a timer runs out
- Your experience and level of the current character you’re playing as
- One of the four virtues used in NPC interactions and the Rapport system along with Charisma, Kindness, and Wisdom.
- A combat stat that determines how often you inflict critical attacks
- Blue crystals can be obtained in-game but are very rare. You can trade for it with gold at an auction house
- Royal crystals can only be obtained with real money and are primarily used to get cosmetics
- Crystalline Aura offers a wide range of benefits that are activated by Lost Ark’s paid optional subscription model
- Benefits include free Trifort travel, two Bifrost slots, and reduced Stronghold cooldowns
- The stat for Fighters and Snipers that represents damage dealt
- A currency rewarded from completing Chaos Dungeons.
- They can be used at certain vendors to trade for things like Harmony Shards, Engraving Books, and Jewelry.
- A combat stat that increases the amount of damage you deal to targets that are disabled or impaired with effects like Stagger or Push.
- A defensive combat stat that represents how much additional damage a character can take by increasing your physical and magical defenses.
- Also affects the effectiveness of heals and shields
- A system that is unlocked at the end of the main storyline that allows you to augment your character’s damage, utility, and playstyle.
- Engravings earned from tomes are roster wide, and every class has 2 class-specific engravings that can radically alter its playstyle.
- A combat stat that increase the duration your of status effects against enemies and reduces the duration of effects cast by enemies upon you
- Currency that is shared between your characters that is usually used at the Auction House
- Gold can be converted to Blue Crystals and is earned through quests, raids, and other means
- Very similar to the game Monster Hunter’s core mechanics, this end game consists of 4 players having to find and kill a boss within a time limit
- Includes restrictions on revives and Consumables
- Limited to two runs a day
- Rewards include gear, cards, and recipes
- A 30 player collective that offers its own perks like a chat, research tasks, and Guild Shop.
- See our upcoming Guild guide for more details
- The stat for Mages that represents damage dealt
- One of the four virtues used in NPC interactions and the Rapport system along with Charisma, Courage, and Wisdom.
- Vendors that appear in town and other places throughout the map that offer a wide variety of purchasable items
- Some merchants only appear for a limited time, such as the ones that visit your Stronghold or others that randomly spawn in a zone
- Collectibles that you’ll find hidden throughout cities, dungeons, and other map areas that contribute to unlockable rewards
- The funnest part of Lost Ark they say!
Pet / Pet Functions
- Pets are cosmetic/collectibles that offer a wide range of benefits such as deploying them on Stronghold missions, providing buffs to your character, and picking up loot.
- If you’re a subscriber, they have additional benefits like giving you remote access to the Action House/mail, providing additional storage slots , and repairing your gear in dungeons!
- A type of resource obtained by progressing through Lost Ark’s Chaos Dungeons and Chaos Gates.
- They can be certain vendors to trade for things like Jewelry, Stone Fragments, and Engraving Books.
- A rare consumable item that allows you to instantly resurrect your character where you died
- A roster-bound currency that’s used to buy weapons/armor at the Auction House
- You can obtain it from the in-game shop using Royal Crystals
- After finishing the main quest, a Power Pass is unlocked that allows you to automatically level another character on your roster to level 50.
- A second Power Pass will be sent to your mail after using the first
- Keep in mind that each account is limited to a max of two, so use Power Passes wisely
- A reputation system that allows you to unlock special rewards from specific NPCs by giving them gifts and completing side quests
Roster / Roster XP
- Roster refers to your collection of characters on an individual server.
- Roster XP refers to your overall Roster level which is contributed to by your individual character levels for that roster.
- Sheet Music songs provide unlockable abilities that players can cast regardless of their class.
- Abilities usually offer utility related to traveling faster and teleporting between locations
- Songs are obtained by questing and generally progressing through the game
- The most common and easiest currency to obtain in Lost Ark.
- You receive it for doing quests and unlocking daily rewards/new player rewards
- Silver is used to purchasing items from vendors, fast travel, using Stronghold functions, and many other things
- The stat for Warriors and Martial Artists that represents damage dealt
- Your character’s home base that you are given while proceeding through the main quest.
- It has many functions such as crafting items, sending crews on missions, and researching developments.
- This combat stat represents your movement speed, attack speed, and cooldown reduction
- Trade Skills are gathering/collection side jobs that allow you to acquire materials and resources.
- They include
- They include
- Refers to the three-tiered skill tree that unlocks buffs and other augments for your abilities.
- Skill points are unlocked as you level up your character
- As you add skill points to an ability, the cost will increase as you unlock higher tiers
- Tripod tier 1 = 4 skill points
- Tripod tier 2 = 20 skill points
- Tripod tier 3 = 48 skill points
- The combat stat that increases your character’s max health
- Vistas are interactive areas that allow you to soak in a view of a location.
- Viewing a vista contributes to competing your Adventurer’s Tome
- One of the four virtues used in NPC interactions and the Rapport system…
- Charisma, Kindness, Wisdom, Courage
- Your character’s resource that determines how many trade skill tasks they can do before they are fatigued
- Work Energy replenishes at a rate of 30 per every 10 minutes – 33 if you have Crystalline Aura.
- It takes 2 full days to recover Work Energy after it’s fully depleted
World Tree Leaves
- Collectibles that are obtained by advancing your Trade Skills.
- Acquiring them unlocks rewards such as Trade Skill Potions and Transformations.
Thanks for reading! Remember to comment below if we missed any important terms and we’ll add them.