Wild Rift Guide: How to Play Senna
In today’s article, we are going to show you Senna and how to play her In League of Legends: Wild Rift. Senna is a Support with range and high damage, She is a very strong solo queue champion.
Like every other champion, Senna has her own playstyle, strengths, and weaknesses. We’ll cover everything and more so stick around!
Senna, the Redeemer
Cursed from childhood to be haunted by the supernatural Black Mist, Senna joined a sacred order known as the Sentinels of Light, and fiercely fought back—only to be killed, her soul imprisoned in a lantern by the cruel wraith Thresh. But refusing to lose hope, within the lantern Senna learned to use the Mist, and reemerged to new life, forever changed. Now wielding darkness along with light, Senna seeks to end the Black Mist by turning it against itself—with every blast of her relic weapon, redeeming the souls lost within.
- Passive, Absolution: When units die near Sena, their souls are periodically trapped in the black mist. Senna can attack these souls to release them and absorb the fog that caused them to die. Mist enhances the power of her relic cannon by increasing attack damage, attack range, and critical strike rate. Senna’s relic cannon’s attack takes longer to fire, causing additional damage and briefly providing her with a part of the target’s movement speed.
- Ability (1), Piercing Darkness: The cast range of Piercing Darkness matches Senna’s attack range, and its cast time will increase with the attack speed. It can aim at anything and apply a hit effect to the enemy hero.
- Ability (2), Last Embrace: Senna emits a wave of black mist. If it hits an enemy, it will grab them eagerly, rooting them and everything nearby after a short delay.
- Ability (3), Curse of the Black Mist: Sena sucked the mist she had stored in her weapon into the storm around her, embracing the darkness and becoming a ghost in her heart. Allies who enter the area will be disguised and will appear like ghosts when the mist covers them. Ghosts gain higher movement speed, cannot choose, and hide their identities.
- Ultimate, Dawning Shadow: Senna summons the relic stone of the fallen sentinel and splits her relic cannon into a sacred array of light and shadow. Then she fires a global beam to protect allies from harm and at the same time damage enemies trapped in the center.
How to Play Senna
Before the game even starts it is very important to choose the right runes, so the champion can accelerate as much as possible and unleash her full potential.
Keystone: For Senna, you choose Grasp of the Undying as your keystone since it’s giving you a lot of sustain and can be charged really fast with your first ability. On top of that it increases your health bar and you can poke the enemies during the laning phase.
Slot 1, (Domination): For this, you go Brutal to have the extra AD and armor penetration during your laning phase. Furthermore, this rune helps a lot if you have early game skirmishes.
Slot 2, (Resolve): For this one, you will choose Hunter Titan since you don’t have a lot of mobility and you want yourself to have as much tenacity as possible to get out of sticky situations.
Slot 3, (Inspiration): The Hunter-Genius Rune gives Ability Haste and Ability Haste for every unique champion takedown. It will allow you to have a small cooldown on your Ultimate and the rest of your abilities.
These are the runes that you should use. If some other runes suit you better you can try them out and leave a comment down below.
- You always max your Ability (1) first since it’s the main damage in your kit and also the main ability to poke people from far away.
- The second one you max is Ability (2) which is the ability that can CC the enemies from really far away.
- The last one you max is Ability (3) this one is important since it is your only mobility.
The main combo will always be Ability (2) into Ability (1). At the early stages of the game, you preferably want to hit an auto-attack or Ability (1) to get as many souls as possible to increase your range. Here are now some other combos you can do with Senna:
Another combo is to just press Ability (3) and Ability(2) and then Ability(1) auto-attack. In addition, you can do that but also use Ultimate if this isn’t enough to kill the target. Another trick you can do is to use your Ability (1) through minions to increase its range.
Laning Phase: First of you want to start poking with your Piercing Darkness during the laning phase and get your enemies low. this will also allow you to zone them from their own CS and get souls out of your enemies.
This is also a good ability to use on your ADC to heal him up or even heal yourself up.
Once you unlock all your 3 abilities you should look to poke down the enemy as much as possible and maybe go for an all in to kill them.
If you do this you will have a huge lead and a lot of souls and will be able to bully the enemy team without being touched.
Early game: You should always play passive and don’t die before the drake spawns. Ward properly and avoid ganks as much as possible since you are one of the most important members of your team if it comes down to a team fight in the bottom river. Get lane priority with your ADC and help your Jungler to secure the scuttle crab if he needs your help.
Early drake fights: Before the drake spawns go back and buy the items you need and regenerate your HP and Mana. During this time you should stick with your team because you will be vulnerable. Try to push out your wave and rotate to the dragon, so you can help your Jungler to secure it and fight the enemy team.
Rift Herald: Before the Rift Herald you should switch lane with your Baron lane to be around the next objective and help your Jungler to secure this one too.
In the midgame, you want to poke and rotate around the map to push towers and collect souls with your teammates. You should heavily stay next to farming laners and help your team so you can reach your items and soouls as fast as possible.
The best lane to rotate is mid because getting the enemy mid-tower is very important to give space for your whole team.
Once the late game hits and you have enough items you will be an absolute death threat for the enemy team. You will have to punish everyone who is mispositioned or is overextended. Try to abuse your really high range from your stacked souls and finish them once they are low.
Baron fight: Let your team engage and throw your abilities from far away till the enemy team is chunked enough to kill them.
You always start with a mana crystal. On your first back, you will always build Tear of the Goddess, and if you have enough gold Caulfield’s Warhammer. Your first full item will be the Manamune since its synergizing is very good with your Abilities and gives you Mana, AD, and Cooldown Reduction. For your second, you want to get is a Rapid Fire for an even higher range and more DPS. The third item is going to be an Infinity Edge or Black Cleaver depends on the situation of the game.
The next item is going to be a Mortal Reminder so you will be able to hurt even the tankiest enemies and apply anti-heal. The go-to shoes are the Lifesteal Boots or even other boots depending on the situation of the game since they give you Lifesteal. You have to be flexible about what you are going to upgrade your boots too.
One of the greatest counters of Senna is Nami. If you play against a Nami don’t try to fight her, or even poke her since she is going to have a higher range at the start of the game and clearly outpoke you. You will have to constantly stay back and wait for your items and your souls to drop from minions otherwise you will have a really hard time.
Sona is another one of these supports that can easily outrange you and outheal your poke at the early game. Try to stay behind farm some souls and get ready to outscale her in the later stages.
How to play against other Supports
Lulu is an easy opponent since you can farm souls on her and poke her all the time. You will constantly apply pressure on her and the enemy ADC.
Alistar is an easy opponent since he has no range and you can easily farm souls from him. But you have to be careful to not get to close to him once he has a full combo available.
Braum is the easiest matchup since he cant do anything to prevent you from farming souls on him. You will have an easy time against Braum.
Senna is the ultimate scaling Champion that is useful through all stages of the game but has also a high impact in the late game since she is getting more range, AD, and crit chance through her souls.
Make sure to use the tips we presented you in this guide to unleash the full potential of Senna and be a true Support on the Rift. If you have any comments, questions, or feedback leave them below. Good luck climbing and see you soon Summoner!