What’s New in Teamfight Tactics Set 3?
TFT Set 3: Galaxies set is finally arriving and with it comes brand new champions, origins, classes, and even brand new board mechanics.
In this article, we’ll be highlighting the new classes and origins and linking to each champion’s page so you can explore more. Keep in mind that since this is the PBE release, the numbers are subject to change.
Be sure to check out our separate guide that covers all the Set 3 champions and their abilities.
New TFT Set 3: Galaxies Origins
There are 10 Origins in TFT’s Set 3 – they are:
- Dark Star
- Space Pirate
- Star Guardian
In the sections below, we’ll be covering what each Origin does as well as the units that are included.
Click the grid below to expand the image!
Celestial (5 Units)
- All allies heal for 12% (2), 30% (4), 55% (6) of the damage they deal.
Chrono (7 Units)
- All allies gain 10% (2), 20% (4), 40% (6) attack speed every 4 seconds.
Cybernetic (6 Units)
- Cybernetics with an item gain 30 AD and 300 HP (3), 75 AD and 750 HP (6).
Dark Star (6 Units)
- When a Dark Star dies, it gives +30% (3), +50% (6) increased damage, plus previous stacks of this effect, to the nearest ally Dark Star.
Mech-Pilot (3 Units)
- At the start of combat, 3 random Mech-Pilot champs are merged into a Super-Mech until it dies (3).
Rebel (7 Units)
- At start of combat, Rebels gain a 125 (3), 200 (6) health shield for 8 seconds and 10% (3), 15% (6) increased damage for each adjacent Rebel.
Space Pirate (4 Units)
- 50% chance to drop 1g (2), and 10% to drop an item (4) whenever a Space Pirate lands a killing blow.
Star Guardian (6 Units)
- Whenever a Star Guardian casts, distributes 10 (3), 20 (6) mana among all other Star Guardians.
Valkyrie (3 Units)
- Valkyrie attacks and spells always crit targets below 50% health.
Void (3 Units)
- Void champs deal True Damage (3).
New Set 3: Galaxies Classes Summary
There are 13 Classes in TFT’s Set 3 – they are:
Blademaster (7 Units)
- 25% (3), 50% (6) chance on hit for Blademasters to attack two extra times
Blaster (5 Units)
- Every fifth Blaster attack fires two (2), four (4) additional attacks which deal double damage.
Brawler (4 Units)
- Brawlers gain bonus Health.
Demolitionist (4 Units)
- Demolitionist spells stun targets they hit for 2.5 seconds (2).
Infiltrator (5 Units)
- Passive: Infiltrators jump to the back of enemy territory at the start of combat. Infiltrators gain 60% Attack Speed for the first 8 seconds of combat.
Mana-Reaver (4 Units)
- Mana-Reaver’s first attack (2), all attacks (4) increase the cost of their target’s next spell cast by 40%.
Mercenary (2 Units)
- Mercenaries can be paid gold to upgrade their abilities (1).
Mystic (4 Units)
- +40 (2), 120 (4) Magic Resist for team.
Protector (4 Units)
- Protectors gain a shield for 15% (2), 35% (4) of their max health for 3 seconds whenever they cast.
Sorcerer (7 Units)
- All allies gain +20% (2), +45% (4), +120% (6) increased Spell Power.
Sniper (3 Units)
- Snipers deal 10% increased damage for each hex of distance between themselves and their target.
Starship (1 Unit)
- Starships continuously circle the arena and cannot basic attack.
- Aurelion Sol (5-cost)
- Rebel + Starship
- Aurelion Sol (5-cost)
Vanguard (5 Units)
- Vanguards gain 70 (2), 300 (4) armor.