Beyond the Bandlewood LoR Spoilers Day 8
Hey everyone, it’s Silverfuse here.
Today, we will be looking at the new cards revealed today, Veigar and his minions!
Veigar in League of Legends is known for stacking damage infinitely.
In the early game, he tends to be weak while ramping into a monster of a late game where he can often one shot the enemy carry.
In Legends of Runeterra Veigar captures the same feeling and flavor!
Here are the cards from Veigar’s reveal package:
- Veigar (Bandlewood + Shadow Isles champion)
- Event Horizon (Bandlewood spell + Veigar’s champion spell)
- Darkbulb Acolyte (Bandlewood follower)
- Stilted Robemaker (Bandlewood follower)
- Twisted Catalyzer (Bandlewood follower)
- Wizened Wizard (Bandlewood Wizard)
- Minimorph (Bandlewood spell)
- Tenor of Terror (Bandlewood + Shadow Isles follower)
- Bass of Burden (Bandlewood + Shadow Isles follower)
To follow along with past and future Bandlewood card reveals, just click here.
- Veigar (level 1)
- 4 mana 1|4 champion
- Text – When I’m summoned, create a Darkness in hand if you don’t have one. Round Start: Grant your Darkness everywhere 1 damage.
- Veigar (level 2)
- 2 mana 2|5 champion
- Text – When I’m summoned and Round Start: Create a Darkness in hand if you don’t have one. Round Start: Grant your Darkness everywhere 1 extra damage. Your Darkness can target anything.
Veigar has a lower stat line due to his potential high damage output including Nexus damage. He creates a Darkness in hand when summoned.
For each Round Start that Veigar is on the board he gives Darkness a stack, otherwise known as one additional damage.
Darkness is closely accompanied to Veigar as it is the spell that allows Veigar to level up. Darkness gains stacks while Veigar is on the board.
The card on its own is okay, but it has a key role in leveling up Veigar.
- 3 mana Slow spell
- Text – Deal 2 to an enemy.
During his level 1 he can only target enemy units including champions.
After level 2 he creates Darkness and gains a stack at the start of every round. He also gains the ability to target the Nexus which in theory does allow for a one shot to the Nexus.
This is unlikely, however, if you are constantly generating Darkness in hand you will have plenty of damage to end the game assuming that you can keep Veigar alive.
I do think that Veigar is a bit slow to level and hard to protect as a 4 mana 1|4. Multiple cards prey on him and he will need some strong followers able to create more Darkness to help him level up more efficiently.
- Event Horizon
- 5 mana Fast spell
- Text – Stun an enemy, then stun all enemies with 2 or less Power.
Wow, what a card. We only have a couple of fast speed stuns. There are only a couple cards that can stun multiple units such as Intimidating Roar which is a slow speed spell.
The fact that this spell is fast means that it can interact during combat and stun a unit plus additional units.
I could see this card being a strong interaction tool for Bandlewood especially in metas where decks are relying off of buffs from spells. Spellshield does present a bit of an issue for this card though.
I still see it being quite strong regardless.
- Darkbulb Acolyte
- 2 mana 2|2 follower
- Text – When I’m summoned, create a Darkness in hand if you don’t have one.
This card is key in Veigar as it is currently the only other way to create Darkness that we have seen.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it was in every Veigar deck.
- Stilted Robemaker
- 4 mana 3|4
- Text – When I’m summoned, reduce the cost of your Darkness everywhere by 1.
Stilted Robemaker has a stat line that is lower than usual. Looking at this card, it isn’t very good if you are only play a couple of Darknesses.
However, if you have a leveled up Veigar who is creating a card each round then it becomes much stronger.
- Twisted Catalyzer
- 2 mana 3|2
- Text – Strike: Grant your Darkness everywhere 1 extra damage.
A strong 2 mana card with a good stat line with some upside. This will be played in pretty much every Veigar deck without a doubt.
- Wizened Wizard
- 3 mana 3|2
- Text – Round Start: Refill 1 spell mana.
This card has a low stat line with little upside. There is a similar card that is a 2 mana 2|1 in PNZ that gives 2 spell mana and isn’t played, so I don’t expect to see it much.
- 6 mana Burst spell
- Text – Transform an enemy into a 3|3 Mini-Minitee and Silence it.
- 3 mana 3|3
This is most controversial card of the set. It gives players reminders of the once-dominant Hush card.
At 6 mana, the card is quite costly but it does have a permanent burst speed effect.
It will be strong against combo champions such as Lee Sin and even against high-value champions like leveled up Sejuani.
It will also have a difficult time against aggressive decks and this might contribute to it seeing less play than expected.
Tenor of Terror
- Tenor of Terror
- 4 mana 2|3 follower
- Text – When I’m summoned, if you’ve played a created card or killed a unit with a spell this game, summon a Bass of Burden.
- Bass of Burden
- 4 mana 3|2
Tenor of Terror will be summoning Base of Burden almost every time, but the question is are the stats for the cost good enough?
Most likely not the case unless the Impact keyword is able to make it worth it.
It will be unlikely for cards with these low stat lines to be able to attack without being favorably traded.