Diablo 4 Rogue Build Twisted Shade Rogue (Season 2)
Twisted Shade is a melee Rogue that takes advantage of the new mechanic of the Close Quarters Combat key passive. It squeezes the Paragons Dry for Dmg to CCed to get multiplicative DMG bonus based on it. The playstyle is all about using Twisting Blades modified to orbit around us for single target melt DPS & decent AoE clear. All of that while keeping ourselves unstoppable for the DMG bonus from Tibault's Will. S2 makea a stat like DMG to CCed worth stacking and can be utilized in many Rogue builds in the same way I used it here.
Season 2 is Ongoing & after extensive testing I bring you a Melee Shadow Imbue Rogue with a MASSIVE DPS Synergy for the archetype. The build's easy to gear up & get things going but requires 1 non-codex aspect. 2 out of 4 Uniques are relatively easy to get from Uber Bosses too. As usual, I’ll evolve & keep my builds updated. This is one such build for the Rogue Class called Twisted Shade
- Metamorphosis = Evading making us unstoppable is great! Plus, if you don't like the mangler aspect, you can use a ghostwalker aspect for movement speed while unstoppable & 4 secs after, which will give you attack speed thanks to
- Accursed Touch = 44% chance to curse enemies & when used with prey on the weak it means 44% to apply vulnerable (so we don't need to Exploit Glyph and have room for another Glyph)
- Prey on the Weak = it's good bit of extra dps but also...read above^
- Ravenous = this is one of the optional vampiric powers but i like getting attack speed based on our movement speed
- Resilience = this one's also optional but i love having that extra Damage Reduction. For lower tier NMDs this won't be needed and neither will it be needed for Uber Bosses (except maybe for Uber Lilith but for her you need barriers and Dark Shroud more than anything. Good alternative Picks are Hemomancy to help clear Trash mobs while healing you AND/OR Undying for the healing it provides.
The gameplay Loop is not rocket science for this build.
We have Puncture to Build combo points (also a bit of energy generation). Shadow Imbue is a perfect synergy to help with those Explosions. Then Twisting Blades is the major source of dps that we ideally use at max combo points. Evade as much as possible (but also try to make use of Inner Calm & sit still for a bit when possible). Hit an enemy with Twisting Blades > evade trough a group of mobs > watch your Blades do decent dmg as they boomerang back to you and hit the enemies you evaded trough.
Each time you evade you become unstoppable and trigger the dmg buff of Tibault's Will. And each time you Shadow Step onto an Elite to stun them, you'll trigger Godslayer's Crown to pull in any nearby enemies, which then get rekt by our orbiting blades.
And for more mobility we have Concealment that gives us Unstoppable + Movement Speed & lets us walk trough enemies. On top of that a passive lets us regen Life each second while stealthed.
I've used a Shadow Clone, but some of you may want to either use Dark Shroud, Poison Trap, Dash, or even Death Trap for the last skillbar slot. I decided to use the close since I'm using the grasp of shadow gloves so it's a good dps boost for it AND another source of Unstoppable.