Upcoming Wild Rift Champion Releases: Yuumi and Sett
In this article, we are going to discuss and preview to you the upcoming champions in Wild Rift.
We’ll cover each champion’s abilities and how to play them.
The champion abilities may differ a bit from when they get released but we will try to be as accurate as we can.
The upcoming Wild Rift champions are:
Yummi and Sett will likely be released in the upcoming patches.
Yuumi, the Magical Cat
A magical cat from Bandle City, Yuumi was once the familiar of a yordle enchantress, Norra. When her master mysteriously disappeared, Yuumi became the Keeper of Norra’s sentient Book of Thresholds, traveling through portals in its pages to search for her. Yearning for affection, Yuumi seeks friendly companions to partner with on her journey, protecting them with luminous shields and fierce resolve. While Book strives to keep her on task, Yuumi is often drawn to worldly comforts, such as naps and fish. In the end, however, she always returns to her quest to find her friend.
- Passive, Bob ‘N’ Block: Periodically, when Yuumi attacks a champion, she restores mana and gains a shield that follows her, protecting her and the ally she’s attached to.
- Ability (1), Prowling Projectile: Yuumi fires a missile, dealing damage to the first target hit. It deals bonus damage and slows if it takes at least 1 second to get to its target. While Attached, the missile can be controlled with your cursor.
- Ability (2), You and Me!: Passively, Yuumi increases her ally’s Adaptive Force and her own. Actively, Yuumi dashes to a target ally, becoming untargetable from everything except turrets.
- Ability (3), Zoomies: Heals Yuumi and boosts Movement Speed and Attack Speed. If she’s attached, she passes it to her ally instead.
- Ultimate, Final Chapter: Yuumi channels seven waves of damage, rooting anyone hit by three or more. Yuumi can move, attach, and cast Zoomies! while channeling.
Yuumi’s playstyle is the easiest in the game, you just sit in your carry of the team and press heals. During the early game you want to harass the enemy laners with your Ability (1) and heal your carry.
In the late to mid game you are practically just sitting on one of the carries of your team, heal them and give them stats.
Sett, The Boss
A leader of Ionia’s growing criminal underworld, Sett rose to prominence in the wake of the war with Noxus. Though he began as a humble challenger in the fighting pits of Navori, he quickly gained notoriety for his savage strength, and his ability to take seemingly endless amounts of punishment. Now, having climbed through the ranks of local combatants, Sett has muscled to the top, reigning over the pits he once fought in.
- Passive, Pit Grid: Sett’s basic attacks alternate between left and right punch. Right punch is slightly stronger and faster. Sett also hates losing, gaining additional health regeneration based off of his missing health.
- Ability (1), Knuckle Down: Sett’s next two attacks deal additional damage based off of the target’s max health. Sett also gains movement speed while moving towards enemy champions.
- Ability (2), Haymaker: Sett passively stores damage he takes as Grit. On cast, Sett expends all stored Grit to gain a shield and punch an area, dealing true damage in the center and physical damage on the sides.
- Ability (3), Facebreaker: Sett pulls in all enemies on opposite sides of him, dealing damage and stunning them. If enemies were only on one side, they are slowed instead of stunned.
- Ultimate, The Show Stopper: Sett carries an enemy champion through the air and slams them into the ground, dealing damage and slowing all enemies near where they land.
Sett is basically a melee fighter that is played in the Baron lane. He has a lot of sustain and is mediocre at the start of the game. In the midgame his performance is peaking and gets to be really strong.
In the teamfights you want to be the one who engages and gets into the enemies to create openings for your team. If possible throw their tank in the enemy team and get your Haymaker fully charged to get the true damage on the whole enemy team.
Stay tuned for more previews of upcoming new Wild Rift champion releases. If you have any comments, questions, or feedback leave them below. Good luck climbing and see you soon Summoner!