Upcoming Wild Rift Champion Releases: Shen and Karma
In this article, we are going to discuss and preview to you the upcoming champions in Wild Rift.
We’ll cover each champion’s abilities and how to play them.
The champion abilities may differ a bit from when they get released but we will try to be as accurate as we can.
The upcoming Wild Rift champions are:
Shen and Karma will likely be released in patch 3.1.
Shen, the Eye of Twillight
Among the secretive, Ionian warriors known as the Kinkou, Shen serves as their leader, the Eye of Twilight. He longs to remain free from the confusion of emotion, prejudice, and ego, and walks the unseen path of dispassionate judgment between the spirit realm and the physical world. Tasked with enforcing the equilibrium between them, Shen wields blades of steel and arcane energy against any who would threaten it.
- Passive, Ki Barrier: After casting a spell, Shen gets a shield. Affecting other champions reduces the cooldown of this effect.
- Ability (1), Twilight Assault: Shen recalls his spirit blade to attack with it, dealing damage based on the target’s max health. The attacks are greatly empowered if it collides with an enemy champion, and all collided enemies are slowed while running away from Shen.
- Ability (2), Spirit’s Refuge: Attacks that would hit Shen or his allies near his spirit blade are blocked.
- Ability (3), Shadow Dash: Shen dashes in a direction, taunting enemies in his path.
- Ultimate, Stand United: Shen shields target allied champion from incoming damage, and soon after teleports to their location.
Shen’s playstyle is pretty simple since the only thing you have to achieve is to survive the first 5 levels on the lane to be able to teleport with your ultimate and help out your team.
In the mid and late game, you are practically split pushing and waiting for your team to start a fight so you can use your ultimate to join them.
Karma, The Enlightened One
No mortal exemplifies the spiritual traditions of Ionia more than Karma. She is the living embodiment of an ancient soul reincarnated countless times, carrying all her accumulated memories into each new life, and blessed with power that few can comprehend. She has done her best to guide her people in recent times of crisis, though she knows that peace and harmony may come only at a considerable cost—both to her, and to the land she holds most dear.
- Passive, Gathering Fire: After using 5 spells or attacks, Karma’s next ability will be enhanced.
- Ability (1), Inner Flame: Karma sends forth a ball of spirit energy that explodes and deals damage upon hitting an enemy unit. Mantra Bonus: In addition to the explosion, Mantra increases the destructive power of her Inner Flame, creating a cataclysm that deals damage after a short delay.
- Ability (2), Focused Resolve: Karma creates a tether between herself and a targeted enemy, dealing damage and revealing them. If the tether is not broken, the enemy will be rooted and damaged again. Mantra Bonus: Karma strengthens the link, healing herself and extending the root duration.
- Ability (3), Inspire: Karma summons a protective shield that absorbs incoming damage and increases the Move Speed of the protected ally. Mantra Bonus: Energy radiates out from her target, strengthening the initial shield and applying Inspire to nearby allied champions.
- Ultimate, Mantra: Karma empowers her next ability to do an additional effect. Mantra is available at level 1 and does not require a skill point.
Karma is basically enchanter support that is able to deal a lot of damage during the early stages of the laning phase. You are basically poking from far away and trying to shield your ADC whenever you can.
In the team fights you can speed boost your team to engage a fight or just shield your whole team if you get engaged by the enemy team.
Stay tuned for more previews of upcoming new Wild Rift champion releases. If you have any comments, questions, or feedback leave them below. Good luck climbing and see you soon Summoner!