TFT Pantheon Overview
TFT Pantheon might be the toughest cookie in the game. He boasts a whopping 1000 hp and 120 armor right off the bat and is fittingly a guardian and dragon (due to his Dragonslayer skin version).
Pantheon is a legendary unit, so you might not be seeing him every game. When you do, he’s best seen augmenting comps that intend on running other dragons.
Ability: Grand Starfall
Pantheon leaps into the air, becomes untargetable, and crashes down towards the furthest enemy, stunning them. As he lands, Pantheon deals magic damage to all enemies in his path based on their maximum health.
Pantheon has really strong base stats so you want to make him even tougher by giving him HP items. You also want to make sure he ults and hits plenty of units.
- Warmog’s Armor
- This gives you the most value for his armor and starting Hp. The regen also works well while airborne.
- He hits plenty of enemies and is easily capable of debuffing them with Grievous Wounds.
- Frozen Heart
- All enemies he passes through will be afflicted by the attack speed debuff, so this is ideal on him.
- Guardian Angel
- GA is a great core item on Pantheon since it can ensure you get his ult off . We feel that other people in your team may need it more though in most cases.
- Spear of Shojin
- If you expect your Panth to never die and do a lot of damage, take advantage of his massive mana pool (150) with Spear of Shojin.
- As a quick tip, in general, you want to use Shojin for champs with bigger mana pools and Seraph’s Embrace for smaller mana pools.
- Hextech Gunblade
- His ult will heal him quite a bit if it is optimally placed so this can work if you’re using him as a primary carry.
- This is a great way to get value out of his tankiness in a pinch where you have too many Chain Vests.
Recommended Team comps
Pantheon goes well with dragon comps and also just makes a great replacement for one of the other guardians. Combined with Leona your team has a lot of unit lockdown. Without Leona, your team still has some lockdown.
- This is a comp that should work well from Pantheon from his release date. Replace Leona or Braum with Pantheon for a really tough team that can both dish out and take some serious punishment.
How to Position
Look to use Pantheon’s guardian ability on an ideal ally and positioning to target ideal enemy furthest away and hitting the most enemies in his path while flying there.
Tips and Tricks
- Remember that Pantheon becomes untargetable when he flies for his ultimate, so Warmog’s regen will continue to tick and he drops aggro. Abuse this for some great value.
- His biggest weakness is Hush, so position yourself away from enemy Hush wielder’s and you are usually guaranteed an ult.
Pantheon seems like a solid unit. Like most legendaries (except Kayle and that crazy noble buff), you can’t count on him for your base team composition.
Focus on understanding when he makes sense for you to plug in, and you should always see a net positive from him! Expect lots of dragons for this patch. 🙂
Thanks for reading! Let us know what you think of Pantheon in TFT in the comments below.