Day 11 of Empires of the Ascended (LeBlanc’s Reveal)
LeBlanc was revealed during the Seasonal Tournament as the new Noxus champion for Empires of the Ascended.
She’s the 2nd champion, after Sivir, that synergizes with the Reputation mechanic.
Reputation activates an effect after you’ve had units strike for 5+ damage at 4+ times throughout a match.
If you missed out on previous cards, check out the rest of the card reveals.
Here are the new Noxus cards from Empires of the Ascended:
- LeBlanc (champion levels 1-2)
- Sigil of Malice/LeBlanc’s Sigil of Malice (standalone spell and LeBlanc’s champion spell)
- Mirror Image (spell)
- Black Rose Spy (follower)
- Whispered Words (spell)
- Mimic (spell)
- Bloody Business (spell)
- Thorn of the Rose (follower)
- LeBlanc (level 1)
- 3 mana 5|2 champion, Quick Attack
- Text: I’ve seen you deal 15+ damage.
- LeBlanc (level 2)
- 3 mana 6|5, Quick Attack
- Text: Each time I see you deal 15+ damage, create a Mirror Image in hand. If you already have one, reduce its cost by 1 instead.
It seems that riot is looking to expand on its aggro strategies. Leblanc is another champ that seems to fit into the whole “Reputation” aggro strategy alongside Sivir.
The problem with Leblanc is her health stat which can usually be offset with some burst spells.
All in all, It’s hard to evaluate how good she’ll be till the meta stabilizes. What we can be sure of however is that any deck that can flood the board with a bunch of 5 attack units (similar to the old Ashe/assessor deck) can play game-winning cards like Reckoning.
It’ll be really interesting to see how strong this archetype will turn out to be.
Sigil of Malice/LeBlanc’s Sigil of Malice
- Sigil of Malice
- 4 mana Fast spell
- Text: Reputation: I cost 1. Deal 2 to anything
- Creates a LeBlanc in your deck if LeBlanc’s Sigil of Malice
This card essentially reads “I’m not a great 4 mana card” but I can turn into a Mystic Shot.
There will be decks that can utilize this card but I’m not entirely sure it’ll make the cut in those decks.
- Mirror Image
- 2 mana Slow spell
- Text: Summon an exact Ephemeral copy of an ally with 5+ Power.
Mirror image has quite a bit of potential given that it summons an EXACT copy. Be it in aggro decks or midrange decks, 2 mana deal 5+ damage can be quite the blowout.
Of course, it’ll entirely depend on the unit or champion that we’re copying and their corresponding keywords.
Black Rose Spy
- Black Rose Spy
- 2 mana 3|2 follower
- Text: Reputation: When I”m summoned, transform me into an exact copy of the Strongest ally that struck this round.
Super interesting card. Worst case scenario, it’s a 3|2 unit which isn’t even bad. Best case scenario, this card turns into an exact copy of a champion for 2 mana.
This card looks really really good on paper. Easily, the spiciest card released today.
- Whispered Words
- 4 mana Burst spell
- Text: Reputation: I cost 2. Draw 2.
One of the most exciting cards in the release. Nothing fancy but exactly what Noxus had been missing!
Worst case scenario, equivalent to a Salvage. Best case scenario, a better Glimpse! All in all, I’m super hyped that Noxus got this card.
- 3 mana Burst spell
- Text: Reputation: I cost 1. Pick a spell in play or in hand and create a Fleeting copy of it in hand.
Interesting combo card but ultimately too expensive to get used in high-level play.
To give more context, playing a 3 mana spell to create a fleeting copy of any other spell that had been played this turn means that we won’t have mana to play that spell this turn.
For this card to be useful, we’ll have to fit it into a Reputation style deck.
As for Reputation decks, I think they’ll have a hard time fitting in this card. Even if there was enough space, do we really want a Spell Thief equivalent? I’m not so confident that we do.
- Bloody Business
- 4 mana Fast spell
- Text: An ally with 5+ Power strikes an enemy.
4 mana conditional deal 5+ damage at fast speed is interesting.
It’s likely going to see play in very specific decks. Totally depends on how the meta evolves.
Thorn of the Rose
- Thorn of the Rose
- 3 mana 5|1 follower
- Text: When I’m summoned, create a Guile in hand.
This card also plays into the whole “Reputation” strategy. Generally, cards that generate other useful cards are pretty good.
The fun part comes in figuring out decks that can utilize them. Did someone say Yasuo?
Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to ask Rattlingbones during his streams (every weeknight @9PM EST).