Whoops, looks like you’ve found an older tier list. Here’s the new tier list
Welcome to the Mobalytics Predictive Tier List for League of Legends for Patch 8.5!
This list was curated in collaboration with our analyst, Hewitt “prohibit” Benson, our Challenger Coach, Adam “Morïarty” Isles, and our newest team member, Kellen “Exil” Pontius. Unlike most tier lists, we publish ours before, or as a patch goes live, according to the predictions of our in-house experts.
Here are the Patch 8.5 notes for reference.
The Format and Methodology
One quick note is that our difficulty rating has been slightly reworked after much feedback. Previously, difficulty ratings were solely based on champion mechanical cap or ceiling. This is why cases like Lux and Aurelion Sol were in the same boat in terms of our old difficulty. Aurelion Sol involves more game knowledge and understanding and is by definition a hard champion, but Lux is also a champion with 4 skill shots, so we took that into consideration.
We appreciate your feedback, and we have now changed it from focusing on mechanical difficulty to “Learning Curve”. This will be much more designed around the philosophy of how hard a champion is to play assuming you are brand new to them, or the role itself. Just remember that difficulty and skill are always subjective!
A quick disclaimer: If a champion isn’t on our Tier List, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t climb with them. You’ll just have to put in more effort to get similar results as our Optimal, Great, and Good choices for climbing.
Small patch, not too many big changes
UPDATES as of 3/15:
- Swain B to A
- Sion S to A
- Teemo A to B
- Maokai A to B
- Volibear S to A
- Nocturne added to A
- Kindred B to A
- Shyvana B to A
- Nunu A to S
- Zilean S to A
- Taliyah added to B
- Vladimir added to B
- Swain added to S
- Karma B to A
- Kai’Sa added to B
- Twitch A to S
- No changes
This was a small patch so not a lot of commentary this time around, here are the major ones.
- The reduction in vision due to the removal of Tracker’s Knife allows Shaco to snowball and assassinate more easily. He can convert his early leads into Baron which is now much better at closing games.
- Cass has one of the smoothest build paths for a Mid laner due to Archangel’s recent changes. You can abuse Abyssal Mask to win lane and make scaling a breeze.
- Similar to Cass, Anivia’s normal build path with the AP item changes is quite strong and gives a lot more CDR. She also fares very well against other short-mid range Mid laners which are popular in the current meta.
On the decline
- The nerfs to Cinderhulk + Warmog’s will cause Zac to take a big hit to his engage potential. He’ll still be Good but definitely will not be Optimal.
- Nerfs to her range are making it a lot harder for Trist to trade in the early levels. She’ll still scale into the late game so we’ll be keeping an eye on her.
As always, we welcome all discussion and feedback. If you have any questions about picks that we didn’t expand on or would like to let us know how you feel about Patch 8.5 and our predictions in general, join us in our Discord!