How to Get Beloved in Destiny 2 – CALUS Mini-Tool God Rolls for PvE and PvP
Coming into this season the community was most excited for Austringer, but the CALUS Mini-Tool has generated some hype around it. This 900 RPM MIDA Synergy Solar SMG has become a top option in PvE due to its great archetype and synergy with Solar 3.0. The CALUS Mini-Tool will be a keeper in seasons to come, and this article goes over what perks to look for and to craft on this weapon.
How to Get CALUS Mini-Tool in Season of the Haunted
There are a few options to get CALUS Mini-Tool in Season of the Haunted. Getting this weapon to drop is one thing, but getting red frame Deepsight Resonance Weapon drops is the key.
The gist of grinding this weapon is to level up the Crown of Sorrow, complete seasonal challenges, perform the seasonal quest, and open chests in the Leviathan. Leveling up the Crown of Sorrow is the best way to control what weapons drop, and making sure they are red frames.
To upgrade the Crown of Sorrow, Figments of Darkness are used. Figments of Darkness are acquired through the weekly seasonal quest, a weekly seasonal challenge, and gaining reputation at the Crown of Sorrow via bounties, opening chests, and completing public events on the Leviathan.
The upgrades you should focus on are: Opulent Deepsight (3rd upgrade on the Channeling Tree), Focusing Deepsight (5th upgrade on the Channeling Tree), and Opulent Weapon Focusing (3rd upgrade on the Manifesting Tree).
I recommend leveling up the Manifesting Tree until the 3rd level to unlock Opulent Weapon Focusing, and then level up the Channeling Tree to unlock the Deepsight upgrades.
Once Opulent Weapon Focusing is unlocked, use umbral engrams to roll for your desired Opulent Weapon using Opulent Umbral Energy from the Containment public event and Leviathan. Then when the Channeling Tree is upgraded you will get red frame weapons guaranteed once per week from your first Opulent Chest opening and first focused weapon.
Opulent Keys are another means of getting red frame weapons. The best way to get these is through opening the final chest from world events in the Pleasure Gardens and Royal Pools on the Leviathan.
These world events are much faster than the Containment public event. You can only hold 1 Opulent Key, so be sure to use it by finding the chest listed on the description of the Opulent Key in your inventory.
How to Unlock CALUS Mini-Tool Pattern and Craft It
5 is the magic number here. To unlock crafting for the CALUS Mini-Tool you need to complete 5 red frame Deepsight Resonance versions of CALUS Mini-Tool.
Once that is complete you need to level up a crafted version of the weapon to unlock all of the perks that it can roll with, including enhanced perks. We are going to go over all of the available perks on the CALUS Mini-Tool; here are the available perks for the CALUS Mini-Tool:
CALUS Mini-Tool PvE God Roll
- Barrel Option
- Smallbore – Gives +7 to Range and Stability
- Corkscrew Rifling – Gives +5 to Stability, Range, and Handling
- Magazine Option
- Appended Mag – Gives +3 to Magazine Size
- Tactical Mag – Gives +1 to Magazine Size, +10 to Reload Speed, and +5 to Stability
- Perk Column 1
- Grave Robber – Melee Kills reload this weapon
- Unrelenting – Starts health regeneration and gives 80HP when killing 3 enemies (Elites, Minibosses, and Bosses count as 3 enemies)
- Perk Column 2
- Incandescent – Kills apply 30 scorch to nearby enemies
- Surrounded – While within 8 meters of 3 or more enemies, improve damage by 25% (further increased by 10% with Surrounded Spec)
Stability and Range are the main stats you are looking for on the Barrels while Magazine Size is an important feature for Barrels. The most recommended roll of perks by far is Grave Robber+Incandescent.
This combo is fantastic and spreads immense amounts of scorch and can easily be reloaded through the use of Grave Robber. The Solar 3.0 hunter can throw infinite knives and the Solar 3.0 Titan can throw the Throwing Hammer repeatedly and reload this weapon whenever you want and with Incandescent and Ember of Singeing you’ll have your class ability up nearly always from the scorch that spreads.
Surrounded+Unrelenting is a solid roll in its own right for content where enemy density is high and they don’t deal too much damage such as a raid or dungeon you are above level for. This is because you’ll need to fight up close to packs of enemies to gain benefit from Surrounded and Unrelenting will help keep you alive by quickly killing enemies with this risky playstyle.
CALUS Mini-Tool PvP God Roll
- Barrel Option
- Hammer-Forged Rifling – Gives +10 to Range
- Smallbore – Gives +7 to Stability and Range
- Magazine Option
- Accurized Rounds – Gives +10 to Range
- Perk Column 1
- Moving Target – Grants 10 aim assist and 3% movement penalty reduction when ADS and strafing
- Threat Detector – Gives stats when within 15 meters from an enemy (stacks 2x)
- +15, 40 Stability depending on stacks
- +15, 55 Reload Speed depending on stacks
- +25%, 44% increase to Handling animation speeds depending on stacks
- Perk Column 2
- Eye of the Storm – Boosts Handling and Accuracy as health gets lower
- Tap the Trigger – Grants stability, increased accuracy, and reduced recoil when initially firing for (0.6 seconds, ~9 shots when firing full auto)
SMGs have a better role in PvP with the shotgun nerfs of Season 17. Stability and Range are good stats to have on SMGs as seen in the Barrel and Magazines. In column 1 Moving Target helps with accuracy, but also allows you to strafe faster when ADS, making you harder to hit in a duel.
Threat Detector is a solid option too not only because of the stat boost, but because of the perk displaying if 1 or 2 enemies are near you for information in case the 2 players overlap on radar.
In the second column Eye of the Storm and Tap the Trigger increase Handling and other stats but based on different conditions, the former when your health is low and the latter when you initially start a gun fight. Both perks are good options for dueling.
Bring the fire with the Mini-Tool. Farm this while you can as the CALUS Mini-Tool is the new hotness in PvE and will be a great option for Solar builds in seasons to come.
Thanks for reading! Don’t miss our other Destiny 2 weapon guides.